iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old School Lumber is online!

Started by Justin L, March 02, 2007, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin L

I just wanted to say thanks to Jeff B for setting up our new website- www.oldschoollumber.com! I have an old school full of hardwoods but I didn't have a website yet. I stumbled into the Forestry Forum a few months back, and saw an ad for custom website design so I gave him a shout and we set one up. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

I sell hardwood lumber, custom mldgs, and will soon have our kiln in operation. I have some pictures on the site to show what we do. I've done custom mldgs and woodworking for about ten years now, and I'm glad to share some of my experiences(good & bad:) when it can help someone else out. Or give them a good laugh anyway...

Justin Laycock
Old School Lumber Co Inc
Gilead, IN
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant! :)

Tom

We're always in for a good laugh, Justin. :D

Looks like you are in one end of the business that many would like to be.  Selling is where the money is.

Jeff

It was a fun project.  :)   I got to lay bricks. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Justin L

Tom, Does that mean the grass looks greener on my side of the fence? I've got my share of weeds & cow patties if you look close enough :-[

It was fun Jeff! Speaking of laying bricks...I met a guy who graduated from this school, and his first job was to help build the gym where I stock all my lumber. I should have gotten his picture...
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant! :)

JV

Hey Justin glad to see you on here.  Did you get that molder cutter profile grinder?
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

oakiemac

Congrats Justin. I like your web site. It almost looks like the same creative genious that made yours made mine ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

SwampDonkey

Hey Justin,

A lot of those small community brick school houses have closed up around here. Some converted to halls. I know of one left in New Denmark. In my community we had a couple schools, but they were way back over 100 years and have been left to the elements. Someone burnt one last year since it was housing coons and porkys. Nice website, if I wasn't a million miles away, I'd come over for a visit.  Any butternut? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JimBuis

Justin,
Welcome to the forum. Very nice website and sounds like a nice business you have set up.

Hey Boss,
That is some nice work on Justin's website. I like it a lot. Clean, easy to understand, easy to find information. You need to offer some help to some of the major companies that have some of the most confusing website mess imaginable.  YOU could fix them up. Keep up the good work.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Justin L

Thanks for the compliments! Jeff did do a great job.

I didn't get the profile grinder yet. I think about it from time to time though. Especially when I get a bunch of knives sharpened. Most of the time I can't get everything done anyway so another tool would just slow me down some more:)

These old schools are neat. I know of 3 or so that people are living in, another is being used by a timber co. And some just fall apart...

I DO have butternut :)

Thanks again to everyone!

Justin

Quartlow

Awww come on JAson, you always need a new toy,,err tool!

Jeff, Great job, but I think a few of those bricks need re tucked
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Justin L

I'm a tool juky, but I'm trying to cut back  :D  I keep telling my wife "These aren't toys, they are serious business tools". She doesn't buy it either...The trick is to scope out jobs that REQUIRE the pruchase of a new toy, err..tool.

Quartlow

Quote from: Justin L on March 04, 2007, 07:49:28 PM
The trick is to scope out jobs that REQUIRE the pruchase of a new toy, err..tool.

if there is 2 ways to do something, you do it the way that requires a new tool  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!