iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing 1600?

Started by gibby, February 23, 2007, 05:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibby

Ok I have some sunning day $s I am thinking of investing in a banmill, with some basic hydraulics, I have been reading all I can.(I did search TimberKing 1600 on the forum and have read ever post, but I still had to ask)

I am looking at the TimberKing 1600. I would like to hear what you'll have to say.

Kcwoodbutcher

I've got one and it fits perfect. They are not a high production mill like the fully automated ones, but they are a big step above the the manual ones. Producing 1000 to 1500 Bf a day is not hard if you have decent logs. They are built very solid and put together well. The 25 HP is more than enough for 99% of the logs you can put on the mill. Mines been trouble free. TK has good tech support and wants you to be happy. Are you looking at new or used?
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

gibby

i would like to see what i can find used, but i do not know where to look. I talked to TK they had a 06' 1600 that they took back after the customer used it for about 20 hours, they said he was moving up to the B20.

They where asking 14950 for 06' 1600 with the pro3 package.

Do you know of any 1600s used?

thanks

Furby

This ad is in the fourm for sale section:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=21409.0

Be aware there is a commission due to the forum that you need to work out with the seller if you buy. ;)

logwalker

I might be wrong but I think the commission is paid by the seller. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

gibby

i don't know about making that trip 2400 miles 3 to 4 days traveling, i figure that would cost about 1,000 bucks. i was hoping to find something a little closer.

any commission due to the forum that is fine with me. This forum has saved me time and money, with all the help here.

thanks

MikeH

Try sawmill exchange on internet. They have one.

gibby

i do not know it is a 2003 and is listed at 16,500, yeah with extras, but i could buy new with the pro3 package for 16,995.

i still have to see one working.

thanks for the input

Kcwoodbutcher

To bad you're not close, you could use mine all day long( I'm all for free labor). Try calling TK for a mill in you're area.

gibby

hey bring the mill out here to the north/east coast i will give u all the labor and stalks/logs u want, for a 50 / 50 split.

Kcwoodbutcher

I will when I quit working seven days a week at my other job.

Back40x2

Gibby!!!!!

I am in Central Maine.  I have had the 1600 now going on 4 years and still use it on a daily basis.  Very strong, rugged, and well built machine.  The only downside I have found with mine is the guide roller system.  I would have to think they could come up with a simpler system.  The one now works great, but when she come all unwacked, it can be tricky to get back in order.  ""C'mon WILL, can you fix it?????"""    ;) ;) ;)

Come up anytime.  With 12"+ logs I can easily put out 1700+ bf a day!  I cut a lot of 30+ inch Rock Maple for live edge slabs.  Put on a monkey blade or timberking Ultra blade(same thing) and you would not believe the finish!!!!!!!!  I will gladly disprove anyone who dares to doubt that. 

GREAT machine, and can't wait to get another one.  Funny thing is, there is a Orange dealer here in Maine about 2 hours from me.  I still went with TK!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

You won't be disappointed!
My JD 4120 Loader/Hoe/fransgard winch, a 10,000 pound Warn winch, STIHL 460,  Timberking 1600,  Lots of logs, a shotgun, rifle, my German Shorthaired Pointers and a 4-wheel drive, is all this Maine boy needs to survive!! Oh Yeah, and my WIFE!!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!