iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We grubbed a big pine tree(here are some pics)

Started by Jayson, February 18, 2007, 02:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayson

Digging it up.

Rigging it up.

Holding our breath.

Down she goes.

Right on the money.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

leweee

Interesting felling technic....but a miss is as good as a mile. 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

mike_van

Jayson, did you drop it that way to pull the stump too? Or, some other reason?
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Jayson

Getting the stump out was not really considered although I understand that is why they did it when clearing farm land years ago. There was actually a septic tank near by that we were worried about not to mention it was a lot of fun.

Minnesota_boy

Where was your log that you were supposed to lay alongside the tree on the side it fell towards to pop the rest of the stump out of the ground?  :)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Jayson

We decided the mound of dirt on that side was enough. We came up a little short on the tap root but close enough that it was not too bad getting the rest out.

thecfarm

Where's all the rocks?Nice soil you have there.Try that on my land and you would find more rocks than soil.I would not attempt to saw off the roots with a chainsaw.Would hit a rock the first thing.I have tried to remove stumps a few times.I gave up on that idea fast.Just takes alot of time and find way too many rocks.Good job with the felling and the rigging.That was a close one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!