iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood mizer 35 hd

Started by onionman, February 17, 2007, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onionman

anyone heard of a wood mizer 35 hd hydralic?
Onion

ronwood

I have not heard of a wood mizer 35hd.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

LedlieLogs

Onionman I don't know about the mill, but I did see one listed on Craigslist Atlanta today for $10,000. The add said it will have pics on Monday. I have no idea if that is a good price.
Calling Bibbyman, come in Bibbyman. Bibby will know. Good luck.
Ledlie
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

Bibbyman

We had an LT40HD35 Super.  It had an air cooled 35 hp Wisconsin V4 gas engine. All iron. Heavy engine but lots of power.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Gustavo

I have not heard of a wood mizer 35hd.

lt40, lt10,lt15, lt 30,lt 28 are common equipment but lt35....? :'(
thanks to the forum for share very value informations.
here i have got good information  and  over all   good friends

onionman

The 35 was what had me stumped about that add.Was trying to find out about it before I drove up to see it today.Hope it is a 40 -35hd, will find out later today.
Thanks all
Onion

LOGDOG

I don't know Onion. The seller clearly states "24 h.p.". My guess is it's an LT30 with the 24 h.p. motor. Still a great price if the machine has been taken care of. Let us know what you find out.

LOGDOG

onionman

Will do...heading that way later today

onionman

After talking with the guy it's a 30lt
I didn't make the trip to see it.
Onion

LedlieLogs

Onionman was it the one in Georgia on Craigslist? ???
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

LOGDOG

Well Onionman, I sure am glad you didn't make the trip to see that mill. I called up after you decided you weren't interested in it. Bought it and just got back to Louisiana with it.  ;D When I first called he told me he thought it was an '80 something model. Turns out it was a 1995 LT30 HDGTR. I got 65 new blades with it too. Only trouble I had was about an hour after leaving, my driver side tire on the mill unwrapped on the interstate. Didn't blow fortunately. I ducked in the next exit a mile and a half up the road and had two new tires put on and new wheel bearings put in for good measure. Figured it'd be smart with 700 miles to go. No troubles after that.

She's a good looking mill. Everything works. Only thing that I know needs attention right off is the blade guide arm. The shield on it got bent up some how. Bad enough it needs to be replaced. I'll cut that off and weld a new shield on. Other than that looks like she's ready to go to work. I'll post some pics. Just got home and haven't had time to take any yet.

LOGDOG

ronwood

Logdog,
Congrats!! Looking at your gallary it appears that you had a Peterson ASM. Are you still sawing with that one also?
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

LOGDOG

Thanks Ron! As to the Peterson ... I sold it about a month ago. From here on out it's strictly WoodMizer. This is my 5th Mizer. Good to be back in the Orange again. :)

LOGDOG

Bibbyman

Quote from: LOGDOG on February 23, 2007, 04:21:14 PM
Thanks Ron! As to the Peterson ... I sold it about a month ago. From here on out it's strictly WoodMizer. This is my 5th Mizer. Good to be back in the Orange again. :)

LOGDOG

Welcome back...  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

onionman

glad you got a it I wish it had been a 40lt super

Onion

LedlieLogs

LogDog,
Congratulations on your new mill. 8) I hope you two live long and prosper.
That being said it was wrong of me to say where that mill was listed. It was very wrong to Onionman for me to give up his find. :-\ Thank you for waiting for him to decline. That was very honorable on your part, your a good fellow. It was also wrong for me to list a classified ad on this fourm. I sent Jeff a PM asking his forgiveness and was so granted. If this is the place where you found out about that mill should there be finder's fee to the form? ??? Just a thought. I don't mean to rain on the parade. I will be practicing what I preach as I ordered a dovetail jig from a forum member today, will contact Jeff about how it works as to the finder' 8)s fee when I receive it in a couple of weeks.
Happy sawing,
Ledlie

LOGDOG

Thanks Bibby and Onionman! ;D

pineywoods

Congratulations Logdog, one more mizer added to the growing number in north La. I often wonder just how many of them there are. I know of 5 within 15 miles of me.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

LOGDOG

Thank you, thank you Pineywoods!!! I know there are a bunch of them around N. LA for sure. I'm getting ready to add one more in addition to this one as well. Can a fella ever really have to much orange?  :)

LOGDOG

DWM II

Good grab Log Dog, it's good to be orange. 8)
Stewardship Counts!

LOGDOG

Thanks DWM! Hey I'm headed down your way as soon as I change out belts,filters, and blade guides. Maybe we can hook up, have lunch, and talk about that sinker you mentioned? Let me know.

LOGDOG

Thank You Sponsors!