iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beenthere, Donethat

Started by Jeff, February 23, 2003, 07:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

::)Somebody found some wood older than some of the sawyers that post on this board.  ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Fla._Deadheader

I resemble that remark!

I think Mr (?) Warren is on the loose again. ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

The tree grew sometime imediately after the glaciers receded, say within the first couple hunderd years.  It put down roots into the galcial till.  Eggsander did not say where the site remediation was being done but let's suppose it was in southern Minnesota.  By inference I would say this is a root of one of the first trees to reestablish the northern boreal forest. The tree grew big and tall.  Ancient peoples then pitched there tent or twig shelter under the tree.  They prospered as the forest grew becoming the earliest foresters in the region.  The tree was the focal point of there society.  Many people celebrated numerous life events in the shade of the tree.  Life was good.

The foresters learned to utilize the offspring of the tree but because they understood the gift of the tree they gave back by planting other trees and nurturing them.  Then one day a few fair skinned trappers happened upon the foresters.  The foresters showed the trappers the significance of the tree.  The trappers understood and joined the foresters.  Life continued to be good.  Some years later another group of fair skinned travelers appeared.  They did not like the trappers and so drove them off along with the foresters.  Life began to get hard.  

The new settlers did not understand the ways of the forest and so could not live in harmony with the tree.  They cut down all the trees the foresters had planted and did not give anything back in return.  Life became very burdensome and difficult.  One day a group of children were playing under the original tree when one had a vison.  This person suddenly grasped the simbiotic relationship between the forests ond all living things.  The group of children grew to become the new foresters planting trees and preaching the benefits of forest management to all who would listen.Life bagan to get better.  

Then one day a group of strangers arrived and challenged the new foresters.  They said that management and living in harmony with the forest could not possibly be the same thing.  They preached that the benefits of the forest should not be realized but the forest should be left alone.  The new group swayed the populace and the simbiotc relationship that was just reemerging ceased.  The old tree and the younger trees were abandoned and left alone.  The trees bacame distraught and lonely and soon began to die out.  Life became very confused.  

The new foresters vowed to do ther best to educate the populace and the naysayers so that life could return to a balance.  Those foresters are still attempting to educate to this day.  Some successes have been achieved but it is a long and arduos journey.  Recently a root of the old tree was discovered and the essence of the tree began to permeate the world again giving strength and new determination to the new foresters.  Life will be better for this.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Fla._Deadheader

That's what is!  I knew somebody would figure it out.  It's a Tentpeg!!
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

WOW!  Ya know, I almost feel bad about this now. But I'll get over it. ;D

As impressive as that story is and with almost certainty it will be inscribed on a stone memorial (or at least on my hard drive) so as future generations can know of the historical significance it bears, NO, THAT AINT IT.

Almost important though. :D

Don P

Sounds like somebody owes us a picture?

Jeff

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Tom

I agree with Harold.  According to the story, it's a Tent peg :P

Jeff

OneWithWood

I know, I Know, but I ain't tellin' 8) 8)

Sorry to throw out the red herring with my little story - I thought Jeff B was wanting to know the significance of that piece of wood - not the significance of the post itself. . .
One With Wood

Fla._Deadheader

Dear Mr. Debil. Thank you very much for your support !! ::) :o :-* ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Doggone if I can figger it out.......... Did he join some special kind of club or sumthin'? :-/ :)

OneWithWood

I guess you would say it is a special club - but it can only have a single member and apparently, if my sources are correct, he be the one. 8)
One With Wood

Mark M

That must be the turdy thousandesth post eh?

Weekend_Sawyer

Dat would be my guess!!

Get him good Jeff!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

I'm beginning to think he's on the run. Somebody want to throw down a breadcrumb trail for him to find his way to this thread?

beenthere

???  :-[ Hmmmm? Are these posts aimed at The Beenthere? Or is there a Beenthere Donethat lurking?  Thinkin' maybe I screwed up in a post (Donethat)? Or is there a mystery here in this thread that I am missing - completely?  ???  I be gettin' nervous, and lookin' back over my shoulder.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

Have you ever heard the Joke.  "It's your turn in the barrel"?
Well, It's your turn in the barrel.  :D :D

Jeff

Beenthere!  You were the 30,000 poster!!!  Yea!  Do you know what you win?  Have you seen our Milestone page? Well, you are about to go down in the annals of Forestry Forum history as one of our milestone posters. All we need from you is a good quality photo of yourself. I will take delivery by any method you prefer. Snail mail is fine if you do not have a way to get be an electronic version.

Such an honor! I wish I could have beenhere beenthere but I was nothere to see it cause I was somewhere else. (Doing good forestry related visitation and preachin ;D)

When can I expect the pic eh? :)

beenthere

Wellllll, your honor, that's a real honor to have my turn in the barrell - at least I'm thinkin' it is at the moment. I will dig up a pic and send it to you soon. I was worried there for a bit, now after lookin around, I'm thinkin' I may need to be worried some more. But am honored, just the same. Can''t believe I won something ??? ::)
 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CHARLIE

Beenthere....you should check the archives for some other milestone winners. That should give you an idea of how you will become immortal on the forum... ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bro. Noble

Be careful, Beenthere!

I used to have hair before I 'won'  :-/

Well

It was a long time before ::)

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Texas Ranger

BeenThere, be afraid, be very afraid.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!