iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

snow moveing time

Started by bedway, February 14, 2007, 10:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Hey all,,,tionesta pa. here,,we got about 12 inches on the ground and still comeing down. My brother who lives east of cleveland says they have 30 on the ground and still comeing down. Who else is getting hammered?,,,bedway

Snag

Yep, we're gettin' hammered too.  Just over a foot and its just supposed to start coming harder this afternoon and thru til' morning.  I need to go out after lunch and do the first of a few plowings.

bedway

Well guess i better get off my butt and on my blisters and start plowing. Ive got about 600 feet of driveway, and most of it is hills :) But i do love seat time in my kubota,,bedway

Brad_S.

Can't hold a candle to 60 miles NE of me. Oswego to Watertown, NY area has received 10 feet of snow in as many days. WM NE in Hannibal is right on the fringe area for you orange lovers.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

farmerdoug

Not sure what fell here.  They say 8-12 inches but the wind is howling and the snow is blowing.  Went out to the boiler and the snow depth ranges from bare ground to three foot drifts.  After lunch I am going to fireup the TLB and plow snow for a while.

The Neighbors across the road had a chimney fire last night.  I do not think it did any damage but the fire dept was there from 9-12midnight last night.  I bet they were happy to get out of the wind and snow last night.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

sawguy21

Yikes!! Brad, that much snow in a short time is pretty hard to deal with.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Brad_S.

The pictures they show on the news are incredible. Sidewalks are canyons. They are out of places to put the stuff.
The problem is the wind blows across Lake Ontario and picks up moisture because the lake is still relatively warm. When that moist air gets over cold land, it dumps it as snow. Even some of the life long residents of the area have never seen a constant barrage like they're getting now.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

RSteiner

Just before noon in southern New Hampshire we have about 7 inches of the white stuff on the ground.  The forecast supposes we might get three times that amount before they think it will end on Thursday morning.

There is a kind of excitement that a storm like this brings about.  You hear the forecasts and watch the snow outside accumlate with the anticipation of more to come.  The world seems to take on a whole other light when it is snowing like this.
I am looking foward to getting home and sitting next to my valentine on the love seat in front of the woodstove. 

I am greatful for all those out there trying to keep the roads clear and the power on.

Today I wish I had a cab for the Kubota.

Randy
Randy

thecfarm

We have about 6 inches here in Maine.Could get up to 2 feet maybe.Depends on alot of things.We are right on the edge of a foot or 2 feet.When this is said we get the 2 foot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Engineer

I think the weather people are a bunch of idjits.   :(

We've got about five inches here and it's sleeting.  I'd be amazed if we got a foot of snow, and they predicted 18-30.  When that happens, we get half of the low end.  Not that I'm complaining, it makes work easier.

Mr Mom

I have a snowblower and everytime i get dressed to us it the neighbor come and plows the drive. The good thing is that i now have driveway bumpers so the wife cant drive the van off the driveway when she backs up the driveway.
     Dont know how much snow we have here but it is alot. Blowing and drifting but it is to get better this afternoon.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

slowzuki

They were saying 6-12" here but I think it is 6" then a pile of rain now.  Nothing I hate worse than rain then a dive into temps were salt doesn't work.

I was thinking of Mark M the other day, I was blowing out a neighbours driveway with the 7 ft blower and I spotted some movement on the railing of their deck.  In half a second some black thing was flapping away on one of the rotors.  Sure enough all 300 ft of their hose wound up tight in there and made a few passes through the drive chain.

They had it out because their water line to the barn had frozen up.  Thanks to me they were back to buckets for a bit! :o

stonebroke

at noon 40 west of albany we had 23inches and the radar on tv said it was snowing at a rate of 6 inches an hour.

Stonebroke

mike_van

What a bust this is - We were forecast 12 - 18" here in NW Ct, so far, about 3" snow & 2" of sleet.  When it's all over, i'll start cleanup.  I spent a bunch of hours putting a power angle plow on the front of my IH, so far, can't even give it a decent "test run"  >:(
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

beenthere

mike_van
No pics yet of the new plow? ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bedway

Been plowing here for about 2 hours. Sure glad i got a front end loader on this kubota to pile this stuff up. I figure it will take me another 3/4 hours to complete one pass,,,,,,,,,and the snow just keeps comeing,,,,geez,,,,,,,,bedway

Engineer

I'm not even gonna touch what we get until tomorrow - no sense doing it more than once and I don't wanna go out in this crap if I can help it.

stonebroke

Quote from: Engineer on February 14, 2007, 12:54:34 PM
I'm not even gonna touch what we get until tomorrow - no sense doing it more than once and I don't wanna go out in this scrapple if I can help it.

I wish I had that option. The rate it is snowing I will just keep plowing until dark and hope I can keep up with it.

Stonebroke

thecfarm

mike,we have about 6 inches here.Put it on the back of your truck and bring it up here.I would hate for you not to be able to see how good it works.  ;D  Maybe that will happen here with the snow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

breederman

My big tractor is down so I have been plowing with the garden tractor  >:(  Must have at least 18 inches and snowing so hard that I can't keep up.  If we get All of the 3o inches predicted I don't think I will be able to get out.  The drive down through the woods is getting pretty narrow already.  That poor little tractor just is not heavy enough. 
Together we got this !

stonebroke

Good luck. At least I have a four wheel drive with a cab. It snowed two more inches between the time I started plowing the drive and the finish, I think I am going backwards.
Stonebroke

mike_van

How could I have missed a pic. of it?  Snowplow collecting unemployment -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D Somehow, I don't think some of these guys really wanted to see that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SPIKER

Looks like I'll be out tomorrow to the farm if I make it to work first ;(  dang snow plow came by after I cleaned up around the cars with a shovel.  pushed 2' back in and better than 3' wide dang idiots anyhow, past 4 ohio state trucks loaded the other day slipping all around not a one of them had the plows down!?!?!?   the one guy almost wrecked it sliding.   tried to hit his brakes and went sideways. wasn't smart enough to put down his blade to clear off some of the 6" inches of snow that was on the road just spreading salt!?>   morons I swear.

Well I just got out of ths shower after shoveling snow for 3 hrs today my back is killing me and am going to have to get dressed all up to go and clean out the snow again...

mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

woody1

Central PA here. Got about 8 inches last night and today, and now it's kickin' the blower on bigtime. I went out to fill up the furnace and it is dang cold.
My Pap useta say "it's so dang hot out, the corn started poppin', the dang mule thought it was snowin', he layed down and froze to death" :D :D :D
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Thank You Sponsors!