iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New mill owners

Started by biziedizie, February 20, 2003, 08:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

As I was cutting today I noticed something odd about my saw. There are no safety stickers on my saw at all! There's no sticker that says to not stick your fingers too close to the blade nor is there a sticker that says to always ensure that the hitch is connected before towing! In the manual it tells me these things and it also tells me to keep all decals clean but there are no decals. It does tell you not to drink and operate your saw but I would think that most people don't need a sticker to tell them that!
  Does anyone here have safety decals? And if so what brand of saw do you have.

Steve

RMay

Steve my new Wood-Mizer LT-40HG25 has safety stickers all over it . What brand of saw do you have . 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

biziedizie

I have the Lumber Mate 2000 and the only sticker I have is the phone # to order another mill! There's not even a caution sticker by the blade and it even shows that it has one in the picture! How do I teach my kid safety if there's no stickers! Even his bike has stickers! lol!
  Hey do you run the WM blades and if so what do you think of them?

Steve

DanG

I guess Norwood figgers that if you have enough sense to put that DanG thing together, you have enough sense to not poke your hand into the blade. :)

Welcome to THE ForestryForum. Most folks around here DonT know it, but I'm a "Dizzy", too. I picked up that handle in Vietnam. A buddy of mine was a big-time baseball fan, particularly of Dizzy Dean. Since my name is Dan, he started calling me Dizzy Dan, and pretty soon I was known as Diz. The guys still call me that, and I don't think some of them even know my real name. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ohsoloco

I also own a Lumbermate 2000.  The only warning sticker I have on the mill is on the covers/blade guards that tell you not to operate the mill without the blade guards in place.  

chet

Dan,  So what yer say'ng dat, wud make ya DanG DizzY.   ;D

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

mustang

My Hudson has stickers in english and spainish.

sawyerkirk

My woodmizer use to have warning stickers, but now they are all coveredd up with blood from where I tried to do all the things it said not to do just to see what happens. #1 don't ever try to top the blade by grabbing it. #1 don't try to hold a small log in place by hand while sawing it. don't use the blade as a bread slicer. #3don't let your 4 year old daughter run it without her safety glassses. #4 Always put the log stops up before loading the next log #5 don't try to saw through said log stops. #6if you have a manual clamp always remove it befor loading the next log. #7don't saw in the dark no matter how bright the moon is....more?.

biziedizie

That's funny that you mention puting the log dogs up before loading the next log. My dad and brother wanted to try loading a log so I said sure go for it! Well the dogs weren't up and they struggled with this log and once it was on the bed it rolled off the other side!  :D That sure made them look stupid!
  I now have yellow paint on the concrete around the saw and my 5 year old calls it the no go zone. My son acts like a cop and doesn't let anyone near the saw which is a good thing!

Steve

Bro. Noble

Our Scragg mill has illustrated warning decals----makes you not want to stick your hands where they shouldn't be----or eat.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

RMay

Steve all I run is W-M blades and use W-M Resharp . I like them you will get more B.F. out of them and thay cut good . Call W-M Resharp and talk to them I believe you will like there blades. 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Mark M

Mine has a sticker saying "Don't Read the Stickers While You are Sawing!". It also has one that reminds you the keep the cat's tail clear of the blade.  ;)

Haytrader

Mark,

Your saw should have a warning sticker that says;
"Beware of Windy Operator"
 :D  :D  :D
Haytrader

Mark M

Haytrader

You're right! and it would have an arrow pointing to both ends :D

ElectricAl

Here's a good sticker.

It's on Linda's Morgan Extended Little Champ Edger.

You get the point. ( no pun intended, Jeff )

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

biziedizie

One of my 12" miter saws has the same decal on it and I'm glad it's there because everytime I think that I can cut a small piece of wood it makes me think differently.
  Words on a sticker don't do much for me but seeing fingers flying makes me think!
  I had a guy working for me and he put my other 12" miter saw  through his arm............wonder if he would have thought first if he saw the pic of fingers being cut off?

Steve

P.S as the majority of the guys here are American I spelt miter in the American way and not mitre the way us Canadians spell it! ;)

Fla._Deadheader

lectricAl, can ya make out the name of the printer?? I would like to get a couple of them.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ElectricAl

Fla._Deadheader,

EMED  Co., Inc
1-800-442-3633
# QS3199
 ;)

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!