iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A clean MRI and a whack of logs

Started by Joel Eisner, February 07, 2007, 07:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel Eisner

Stephanie finished 24 weeks of chemo last Tuesday and had a final MRI on Wednesday and a few days ago we got the results back. The report came back clean. Yes that is correct .... clean. We are so blessed and it is an answer to prayers. In one sense it has been one bad fall and winter but we also have learned how we are blessed with friends and family .... and incredible network of support.

If you can see from this picture that Steph has a full head of hair, while it is short it is full.

We fired up the sawmill and Coleman has been cutting wood the past few days while I am at work. He cut 2000 linear feet of 1x4's for a friends roofing project. It was a great way for him to get him back into the swing of things after about 4 months away from the mill.

The night of our good news about the MRI we decided to get the ball rolling regarding our proposed pole barn to store all of our junk under including the pair of pickup trucks and tractors. It is amazing the "tools" you accumulate when building a house. I started drawing the 4 pages of plans using Powerpoint around 8 PM and submitted them to the county building department the next morning. It was a lot easier process the second time around. We should break ground in a week or two. It is going to be 36x46 feet. Nothing fancy, just pressure treated 6x6's and pre-fab trusses.

The big news today is that the log ferry left us a present today. I got home from work and we had 24 logs in three nice piles. The large tree is a red oak in four or five 8.5 ft sections. It was about 36 to 40 inches on the the butt end. The logs are knott free. There are also smaller white oak and elms.

Well the log ferry actually was Ed M., our good friend who has been helping us along the way as we built our house. He is 80+ years old, still runs equipment, and knows a thing or two about everything.

This should provide us with a few days of milling and some nice quarter sawn oak.

Thanks Ed.

P.S. He has another lot to clear shortly and we should be getting another whack of logs. Bring em' on!!!
The saga of our timberframe experience continues at boothemountain.blogspot.com.

Mooseherder

Burlkraft

Well...Congratulations to both you and Stephanie.... ;D ;D ;D

It's good to see ya posting again... ;) ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sawguy21

Glad to hear the good news. All the very best 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawmilllawyer

Congratulations on the great news! Been following your thread here and at the blogspot for months. Amazing how life's twists and turns put the important things in perspective.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Ivey

glad to hear that things are working out for you folks!

God Bless!
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

scsmith42

Joel, outstanding on all accounts!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

LedlieLogs

Congratulations Stephanie and Joel. GREAT, GREAT NEWS. Stephanie you look great with short hair. I'm just sayin Joel, don't woop me please.
Ledlie
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

Ga_Boy

Joel,

The is excellent news to hear about Stephene.  I m sure you are releived as well.

Knock out those logs and have some fun.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Norm

That is great news Joel and Stephanie. :)

Woodcarver

Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Tobacco Plug

Joel,
This is good news and I am so happy for y'all.  By the way, it was nice to meet you the other day.

Lewis
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

TexasTimbers

That's great news! 8)

Our loved ones and our true friends are not replacable. Everything else is just stuff. ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

oakiemac

Does life get any better? A whack of logs and a clean bill of health.

Good news.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Joel Eisner

I wanted to thank everyone for the replies.  Through all of this I have met some great people via the Forestry Forum (both in person and online).  Last fall when we were under a crunch to get into our timber frame after our other house was sold we had 30 + people out on some weekends showing up to help.  Some were FF folks even from out of state.

Thank you to you all

Joel and Stephanie

P.S.  I guess it is time to break out the log end sealer.
The saga of our timberframe experience continues at boothemountain.blogspot.com.

DoubleD

These are very good news i glad for you and Stephanie 8) 8) 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!