iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trivia Question

Started by SwampDonkey, February 06, 2007, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Who invented the US Navy's 'bean soup' ?

First, what's the 'bean soup'? :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JimBuis

What's the bean soup?  That would be their firefighting foam.

Who invented it?  Fisher Longstreth Boyd

But then of course, I understand that Navy cooks make a nice "bean soup" as well.  I can come up with the recipe if anyone wants it.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

SwampDonkey

Technically no, Fisher Longstreth Boyd was the president of National Foam System, Inc. It was the work of Percy Lavon Julian, a biochemist working with soya protein.  It was commercially known as Aero-Foam. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thurlow

Not sure about them beans ;D.................Another trivia question..........according to Winston Churchill, the (Royal) Navy's history/traditions could be summed up as ??
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

SwampDonkey

The Navy can lose us the war, but only the Air Force can win it.  ;D

logwalker

"Never before in the course of human events have so many owed so much to so few."

I know it is the wrong quote but it is the only one I know and I like it. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

logwalker

This one is good too:

"Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb."
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

logwalker

A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril.
    Sir Winston Churchill

logwalker

I think I got it:

Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill,

thurlow

The logwalker got it.

Quote from: logwalker on February 06, 2007, 12:12:02 PM
  Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill,

Jeff

What rather famous person was ironically, allergic to carrots?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Murf

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Jeff

Kevin_H.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

SwampDonkey

ehh, what's up doc. ;D  What about Fritz Frelang? Of course Blanc did the voice.

Jeff

Yep. the voice of Bugs Bunny, Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

What is the significance of a park statue of a person on a horse if the horse has both front legs in the air? If the horse has one front leg in the air?  If the horse has all four legs on the ground?

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

thurlow

Quote from: Jeff B on February 07, 2007, 02:04:59 PM

What is the significance of a park statue of a person on a horse if the horse has both front legs in the air? If the horse has one front leg in the air? If the horse has all four legs on the ground?

Has to do with his manner of death.........I be DanGed if'n I remember the details.

Furby

The horse or the rider Thurlow?

BigTrev

The urban legend that the number of legs connected to the ground on some equestrian statues is correlated to the manner in which the rider died, is only circumstantially true. (about 1/2)

But one foot off meant the person was injured and recovered while two feet meant he was fatally wounded.
If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

Burlkraft

If all 4 feet are off the ground......does that mean they both died jumpin' off a cliff... ???   ???   ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

TexasTimbers

No one addressed 3 feet off the ground. I think that means the rider is in purgatory.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

thurlow

Quote from: Furby on February 07, 2007, 02:34:50 PM
The horse or the rider Thurlow?

Well, yeah, I guess  ;D

Quote from: kevjay on February 07, 2007, 03:27:31 PM
No one addressed 3 feet off the ground. I think that means the rider is in purgatory.

Then we Southerners know where William Tecumseh Sherman is, don't we?  8)

TexasTimbers

I didn't know his horse was 3-in-the-air! Heeeehaw!!!!    8) 8) 8) 8) ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SwampDonkey

Thought I'd throw this link in.

http://www.mysteriesoftheforest.com/frequently-asked-questions.htm

I have a Forestry Trivia game here someplace as well as an Atlantic Trivia Game. For some reason these types of games where never all that popular here when compared to card games.

Thank You Sponsors!