iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Photo Upload Success !

Started by Stumpkin, February 04, 2007, 07:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stumpkin

I finally got it to work. Thanks for the help Beenthere.
Jayson, this is the project I was working on in Ga. last summer when I stoped by to see you. Tom
"Do we know what we're doing and why?"
"No"
"Do we care?"
"We'll work it all out as we go along. Let our practice form our doctrine, thus assuring precise theoretical coherence."      Ed Abbey

Stumpkin

"No"
"Do we care?"
"We'll work it all out as we go along. Let our practice form our doctrine, thus assuring precise theoretical coherence."      Ed Abbey

beenthere

Hey there stumpkin, that is lookin real good der.

Keep pushin that file size, as the quality like in the top pic is showing some good detail.

And pretty impressive framing too. Gotta be heartwarming to be able to do that.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jayson

Go Tom go! That is nice! I've trying to load the stacked building I helped you with in Troy. Got one.

Stumpkin

Here is the cabin a little further along. Is that you in the window, Jayson?
"No"
"Do we care?"

Stumpkin

Jayson, here is a picture of the Barn we moved to Colorado last summer.

I wish you and Sal. could have been there.  and a picture of you and Sal at the marble quarry two years before. How would you like to have a few of those marble blocks to set a frame on. Tom

"No"
"Do we care?"

Don P

Allright, those are some nice shots  8)

One thing I do if you're using the xat program is on the resize tab there is a slider marked "sharpen". I can often slide that pretty far ~60 and get joinery to clear up a little.

Stumpkin

I'm using HP Photosmart Studio. The adjustment for file compression is buried deep in the program and wasn't easy to find. The default setting was for High Definition, so until I found it and reset to Lower Definition, all the croping and resizing was for not. Now that I have reset it, it's easy as 1 crop, 2 resize, 3 save as, 4 upload.  8)
"No"
"Do we care?"

Raphael

I usually crop, resize and save at high definition then check the size.  From there I 'save as' at different levels of compression to get under the limit with minimal loss in image quality, I often 'convert' photos in batch with my image viewer.  I've found joinery shots with simple backgrounds often come in under 30k at moderately high definition.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Stumpkin

Thanks Raphael, Some of my photos from other sources compressed to about 12KB. I'll have to rember to check the file size before I upload photos. Tom

The Edgeworks Shop/Tool Shed/Dog House/Stumpkin Home
"No"
"Do we care?"

Thank You Sponsors!