pic of village

Started by Quebecnewf, February 02, 2007, 12:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Here is a winter shot of part of the small village where i live

Quebecnewf

tcsmpsi

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr........!!!!
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Quebecnewf

-23C yesterday Gteat day in the woods cutting logs. Better cold than mild .When its mild you get wet

Quebecnewf

tcsmpsi

Fishing village?

Though it is just a tad cold for my blood, it still represents a speed of Life that I appreciate.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Murf

Quote from: tcsmpsi on February 02, 2007, 12:16:37 PM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr........!!!!

Nah!!! Cold is when da salt water of da ocean freezes solid.   :o

That's just brisk, keep da skeeters down dat way........   ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Quebecnewf

This pic was taken on New Years Day the sea i that you see in the pic is now frozen and people are traveling on it with snowmobile

SwampDonkey

Hey Tom, Global warming? Spend some time up there with some of those Newf emigrants. ;D :D :D

I'm afraid ole Tom would be nothing but an ice block covered in a red T-shirt in short order.  :D

It's balmy 34 °F here today.  ;D

No offence intended Quebecnewf. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

I agree Donk, poor ole Tom's thin blood would likely freeze solid on him.  :o

It's not as nice here today though, but it is up to 27°, but they say by Sunday night it will feel more like -21°.

Sure makes me glad I live way down here in the south part of Cannuckistan.   :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

tcsmpsi

When I was younger, was of no consequence barefooted, on the ice, eating ice cream.

But, for more years than I'm going to admit, I've been backing up closer and closer to the fire.

I got me a little chunk of property on the Sea of Cortez, down in the Baja that is looking pretty good  right about now.

:D

thecfarm

Don't look like you have much snow.We only have about 3 inches here.Was real warm about 3 weeks ago,40's.Now it's in the single numbers almost every morning and sometimes below zero.We have some double digit below zero weather coming.Doubt it will last long.Like the church in the picture.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Quebecnewf

Here is another pic taken at the same time

Got the dig cam back from the daughter so hopefully will get some more winter logging pics tomorrow

treebucker

Hello Quebecnewf,

Beautiful place.

For some strange reason it reminds me of that fictional picturesque town of Silverton in the movie  'Meet Joe Dirt'.  ???

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and
I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!" - Anon

DanG

Q-Newfie, that's a really neat village! 8) 8)  I think I'll just stick it out down here for a while longer, though. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

You might want to try some hot grits on these cold mornings to warm up the innards!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scgargoyle

Quote from: Quebecnewf on February 02, 2007, 06:15:12 PM
Here is another pic taken at the same time

Very pretty- what's it look like in the winter? :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Norm

Thank You Sponsors!