iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moisture meter choice?

Started by wolfden, February 01, 2007, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfden

Hi Folks!  Can anyone advise us what make, kind etc moisture meter we should purchase?   :)  Many thanks in advance for any responses.  Polly and Jim at Wolfden.
Polly and Jim
at Wolfden

Ga_Boy

Hi Polly and Jim,

I have the Delmhorst J-2000, it is a good unit.  I do not have any experience with the pinless so I can not tell you anything about these.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Jason_WI

I have a Wagner L609 pinless meter. It is the older model with the analog meter. It has saved my butt more than once finding wet pockets in 5/4 oak. Not saying that a pin type meter wouldn't have found them bit it would have taken more time and more holes in the wood.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

DR Buck

QuoteI have the Delmhorst J-2000, it is a good unit.  I do not have any experience with the pinless so I can not tell you anything about these.

What he said.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

karl

Ditto on the Delmhorst J-2000. Got mine from Nyle.
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

wooddog

HI there I have the timber check from lee valley, seems to work well, but you have to push the pins all the way in, and it will leave marks in the wood. If I was to buy a new one  it woud be a pinless like the wagner digital proline from lee valley.

http://www.leevalley.com/home.aspx?c=1

Tom_Averwater

I have the Wagner L-609 also. It's been working good for 10 years .Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Thank You Sponsors!