iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chops

Started by woodmills1, February 18, 2003, 04:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

could not resist

GOOD                 EATIN               TONIGHT[/size][/color]
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Fla._Deadheader

I got some "Bull Gator" Sauce that would go with them beauties !! ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Norm

Ours are packaged a little different here ;D

Lenny

I got the bandsaw for those larger packages ;D

Tagerts_crossing

now you got me thinking about some alternative uses for that band mill.  Had a few cows get out today,  next time may run them in the saw shed  ::)
John Schoolcraft

woodmills1

here is one of those chops smothered in apples and onions ready for some good eatin, yum!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Fla._Deadheader

APPLE'S,??  Them's fer pies. Ya chop red & green peppers to mix with the onions ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Norm

Dang that looks good woodmills1, now how about the recipe.

I do all the cooking as my wife doesn't enjoy it and I do. Always looking for a new way to cook pork.

Tom

Ya'll must be havin' it pretty tough too, Woodmills1.  Having to use Apples and all that.  

We just throw them on an Oak fire with a little salt and pepper and hope for the best. Sometimes they come off of there edible. :-/

woodmills1

from Cook Book by Stella Standard 1965

PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND ONIONS

6  one inch chops              oil        3 tablespoons honey             salt and pepper
tarragon             6 tart apples          6 red sweet onions
1/2 cup brown sugar          1 cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons cinnamon       1/2 cup buttered crumbs

glaze the chops in oil and honey.  Sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and tarragon.  Peel the apples and oinions and cut them into very thin slices.  Mix them and put half on the bottom of a casserole, lay the glazed chops on next, and cover with the rest of the apples and onions.  Boil up the sugar, wine, and cinamon and pour over the top.  Cover and bake for one hour at 300.  Sprinkle top with buttered crumbs and let stand in the oven uncovered for 5 minutes.  Serves 6.

Norm

Thanks woodmills1, sounds good. My mom collected old cook books and was the one that got me interested in cooking. Some of the recipes for pork get boring. I'll add this one as I've never heard of anything like it before.

Lenny

Targets_crossing
Them cows are eaiser to clamp on the mill ifen u freeze`em first :D

Thank You Sponsors!