opening cut

Started by Quebecnewf, January 29, 2007, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Yours truly making the first cut on a small spruce stick

Quebecnewf

Quebecnewf

SwampDonkey

Well, can ya get a couple or three 2 x 6's? ;D  ;)

How many rings is on that critter?  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hi-Country Orange

i thought the trees were bigger in the great white north
                                                                                     :D   8)

SwampDonkey

Not only is it perpetual winter up here, but it says a lot about the myths to. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_van

At least it's [the part I can see] nice & straight -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

leweee

I was hopeing for a second pic once the slab came off. :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Robert Long

eh ehQuebecnewf

What did you cut out of that log......a 6"x6"  and how long was it?

Robert :-\

SwampDonkey

He probably had to crawl back another 17 miles with the snow sled for more logs. ;D

I hope that little camp is a nice warm place to huddle before heading home. I have a feeling it's snowing up there now. ;)

LT40HDD51

U have an orange mill, Donkey? Maybe we know each other...
Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 01, 2007, 04:00:27 PM
He probably had to crawl back another 17 miles with the snow sled for more logs. ;D

I hope that little camp is a nice warm place to huddle before heading home. I have a feeling it's snowing up there now. ;)
Nothing like NB lately?  ;D
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

SwampDonkey

Actually, it ain't snowed here for 2 weeks up my way. We had 10 " in January all together and that's half gone from settling and wind, the fields would tear up a snow sled bed. Tonight is off and on snow squalls, nothing the broom won't sweep off the steps. ;D Been getting -5 to -10 F at night and up to 10- 15 during the day. It is nippy for sure. Presque Isle weatherman says the 20's is normal, hmm more like 0 F is the norm, he's way off there.

BTW, no mill here.  ;)

LT40HDD51

Huh, not bad. Thot you'd had more. Was supposed to cut about 20 000' in Newf but havent gotten the go ahead yet. Lots there ;D
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

OneWithWood

So, Qnewf, how did the rest of the cutting go?  It's been a couple of days since you posted this.  I'm assuming once you got started you could not get stopped  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!