Sponsors:

wood burning

Started by Jeff, January 24, 2007, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Tom? Did you just wake up? :D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Earth to Tom, Earth to Tom.............
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 04, 2007, 11:44:48 AM
Tom? Did you just wake up? :D :D :D :D

I think Tom's been in a coma ever since those guys kidnapped his mill (or was that a repo job???)

OneWithWood

Tom, are you sure that isn't Charlie with a beard?  Look closely there appears to be lines on that shirt.  Much more festive then the attire I've seen you in.  But I have seen Charlie with such a shirt, just not the beard of late.  ;D 
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

That could be, though I don't remember his being that handsome.  :-\

OneWithWood

Here is the documented proof the Charlie is the handsome one in the family  :D

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=9894.0
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

Well, I'll have to admit he's a pretty good looking fellow.  Especially when he gathers the top of his head up inside of hat.  I figure he'll get better looking when he grows up. :P ;D

I'm glad I was born first.  He wasn't left much to work with. :D

Jeff

Yup, that Charlie is a real debonair with flair.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pasbuild

This is a Walnut & Curly Maple bed that was commissioned at the shop

Its for a retired Captain who sailed on the ore boats on the great lakes

the wood burning and the etching were subbed out at a cost of $1,400

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Burlkraft

WOW...That's pretty nice.... ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

TexasTimbers

I am not much on woodburning but Pasbuild that is awesome! Doesn't even look like burning.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Burlkraft

There must not be much wind...The sails have wrinkles in them.... :D  :D   :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

SwampDonkey

That's down right awesome Pasbuild.  :) Whom ever is getting that bed is going to be some pleased.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

DanG Pasbuild,

That is fine 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lud

I'm speculating there was a sand off after the burn.  That softens the affect.   What's the finish?  An Oil and wax? ???
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

pasbuild

The panels went right to the spray booth after wood burning to get five coats of lacquer.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Jeff

I've been feeling a bit under the weather the last two or three days, so I decided to do something that is rather brainless for me that I had not done in awhile. Some woodburning.

First I did my block for the ceiling finally. Mmm Ice cream. :) Blurry photo. :-\

Then I did this cookie of what I am guessing is Balsam poplar. Furby gave it to me at the pigroast and I neglected to ask the species, so I'm calling it Balsam or Balm of Gilead. :)  Its probably about 10 to 12 inches in diameter.  Furby did a good job of drying and sanding it. It was much different to burn on though. All end grain.

Thanks for the material Furbster. :)

Its hard to see anything in the picture through the variations in wood color, so here is a link to a bigger image.

LINK TO PHOTO

Gary_C

Jeff

You better find a good place on the wall for your block cause if you put it on the ceiling all that ice crean is just going to slide out of your dish and drip all over the floor.   ;D ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Weekend_Sawyer

I like that round. What did furby treat it with to keep it from splitting.

I treated one with antifreeze and left one with out and the one with antifreeze did not split as much but it still split.

I thought that picture of you was from your grits eating days, or day.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SwampDonkey

Sure looks like he's having a hard time of it, doesn't it? ;D

Jeff

That round evened up in color and doesnt look to bad now. Lastnight I took a photo of it after havign a couple coats of wipe on poly. That end grain really sucked it up.

Jeff

Tonight I decided to get the old woodburning iron out that has been stowed for a few weeks. I needed a present for my family Christmas coming up this Saturday. We have to bring a gift we made, or already had on hand.  This fits both bills.  Its one of a couple lazy susans that Tammy picked up last year off the discount shelf at Walmart for me to burn on. One of my favorite birds is the Cedar Waxwings. They usually appear every spring to feed on our flowering crab outside of our front door. Thats what this is suppose to depict.  :)

Reddog

Furby

Got any other projects planned for the winter Jeff ???

Thank You Sponsors!