iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

When you get to Heaven . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, January 24, 2007, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

. . . .  what do you hope you will be able to do there, that you cannot do now?
For those who don't believe in Heaven,  just make believe ;)

For me, I hope I will be able to sing. I'm the second worse singer on the planet. I just edged out Rosanne Barr.

Yep, I want to be able to sing like a lark. How bout you ??? 
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

sandmar

DanG Kev,when I read that subject I was afraid you knew something I didn't....wheeeeeew. I think it would be musical ability,I have enough to entertain myself now,but,sure would like faster fingers  ;)
Sandmar

Tom

Jeff

I want to introduce my dad to the forum and to show him my paintings and all the things that he is responsible for inspiring then sit and listen to all the things he cares to tell me that I never seemed to have time for before it was to late.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SAW MILLER

I would like to travel the USA and see it as it was 300 years ago.

I want to understand women.

I would like to be able to carry on a conversasion with my coon hound.

I want to know why mankind can't just get along.

I want to know that no baby well ever be mistreated.

I want to see all saw logs staight and clear with no mud.

And last but maybe not least....No rapp music 8) 8)
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

WH_Conley

I want to understand women.

Now that's asking a lot. ;D
Bill

DWM II

I want to hug my "old maw maw" as well and maybe we can sit at her table and eat fried chicken, black-eyed peas, cucumbers and a wedge of her homemade lemon cake. Jesus and God the father get to sit at the head of the table.

I want my aunt Theda May to meet my youngest daughter, these two hens are birds of a feather, ought to be a great show.
Stewardship Counts!

Mr Mom

I always wanted to talk to animals.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Patty

I want to fly like a bird. I want to soar up in the sky and look at all of creation. Then I want to zoom like a comet into outer space to visit the gallazy. I want to see a star being born, and a black hole, and all the planets, and ride on a shooting star.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: Patty on January 25, 2007, 07:49:32 AM
I want to fly like a bird. I want to soar up in the sky and look at all of creation. Then I want to zoom like a comet into outer space to visit the gallazy. I want to see a star being born, and a black hole, and all the planets, and ride on a shooting star.
You sure don't want much, do you?  :D 8) 8)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

scsmith42

Minnesota_boy,

Re Patty's "not wanting much", I dunno.... in terms of magnitude it seems to me that her desires fall into the same leaque as Sawmillers' desire to "understand women"...   :D   :D   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

DR_Buck

QuoteFor me, I hope I will be able to sing. I'm the second worse singer on the planet. I just edged out Rosanne Barr.

Kevjay,

I think I saw you last night on the American Idol tryouts from New York.    smiley_smelly_skunk
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

bedway

When i go up in them clouds i want to build the biggest table ever built. Then invite all you members to set aroung and talk and tell stories. Of course we would all be eating and drinking all that stuff that we love but was bad for us! Ill second that (no rapp music comment)  :D bedway

Burlkraft

I'd just like ta have 1 pain free day..... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sandmar

Tom,Dang it,you made me cry. Not a pretty sight on a 53 year old man. Thank you for that thought.
Sandmar

BigTrev

I want to be as good at everything in reality as I am in my head  :D

You know, or super strength and flight.

Oh and a sit down meal with my ancestors, the whole lot of em. Course some of em will only be on a day pass...

actually, come to think of it, I just hope they don't notice that I snuck in while Pete was on a coffee break.
If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

tcsmpsi

Ahhhh...the one thing...to hold my mother's hand and explain that the necessity of my actions was strictly for my own survival, and never did I hold her any blame.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LedlieLogs

I don't understand, you mean we can't carry on conversations with our hounds?  :-\
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

RSteiner

I just want to say thank you to the One who gave His life so that I could be there. 

It would be nice to be able to carry a tune, last time I sang in the shower the water stopped.

I can only imagine that if earth can be this beautiful with all of creation what lies beyond is going to blow your mind.

Randy
Randy

ARKANSAWYER

I want to come up on the porch of the Big House and sit down and know the journey is through.  Like sitting in the swing in the cool of the evening after a long summer days work and ejoying the fruits of my labor while sitting with family and friends.  To know that in the morning I will not have to get up and go to work or struggle with the problems of this world.  It does not matter if a zebra is white with black stripes or black with white stripes, all that matters is that the choice to accept the offer of the Father was taken and the Son was willing to pay the price.  So pull up a chair and tip it back agin the wall and enjoy KevJay's singing.   AMEN!

(if you do not know what I am talking about then give me a call 'cause I got a story for you)
ARKANSAWYER

Tom_in_Mo.

Well, first thank the good Lord for what he has done for me.

Thank the boys for giving their lives so I could live in a free country

Talk to the great Paul and others of the Bible.

After that I will bet a broom and mop and start doing janitorial work for that is all I will be worthy of and that will be stretching it a all ways.

SwampDonkey

I Corinthians 15:51-53

[edit: had the wrong chapter  ::)]

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

johncinquo

When I get to heaven.....

I'll know theres a LOT of forgiveness after all.   :D
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Norwiscutter

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quartlow

My dogs and I have conversations all the time.

I want to meet my paternal grandparents, and my maternal Grandmother.

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

WH_Conley

Hug my parents and bounce that grandson that I never had a chance to know on my knee.
Bill

Tom_Averwater

Give my mom a hug , cause I did'nt get to do it before she went .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

twobears

when,i get there i hope i,am 16 years old again and i know the best ways to deal with things. i,ll take my friends advice and move out of my dads house and get my own life.i see nothing wrong with  kids working but,it shouldn,t be a full time job and take away there childhood and hurt them so much there in pain everyday from a messed up back,ect.
i,ll have that same friend help me get my drivers licence seeing how my dad or no one in my family would..then,i,ll have that same friend help me find a good truck and a place to live on my own.
i,ll stay in school to the end and learn all i can.i,ll be living on my own so,i will have to work and go to school.i now know i could work just weekends and in the summer time when,school is out..not,work like a slave and miss the things kids do.
i wouldn,t stay by myself for so long.. i,de ask that cute gal that i saw everyday in school to hangout with me and live with me..i now know she needed out of her family life too. i,de went our lives together to be a great thing not end up like it has now it looks like i asked her 23 years to late to be with me.
when,we end up having a son it would be a good thing not in court like it,s headed for now..and i can be with him to be the father i never had.  ::)  ;) 
i,de like to go back in life when,i pass on so,i could live life and learn from my past mistakes..to be young and know what i know now...thats what i want went i pass on.

delbert

oo,ya,i want a big chuck of nice land with a log cabin right in the middle of it.i need a few guest cabins to for friends that stop in and a nice sawmill and workshop and the proper equipment for small scale logging and my boy beside me...weather he,s helping me work or i,am taking him to the ball game or the prom with his little sweety.

pineywoods

I'm gona be a pest!!! I've got a million questions....
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

TexasTimbers

You'll be too busy singing along with me - praises to the Lord - to ask any questions. :)

SwampDonkey

Polly

8) 8) IHEGOOD LORD WILLING AND CREEK DONT RISE     i just hope i get their i trying hard :P :P

SwampDonkey

isawlogs

I want to sit by my ancestors and learn to speak my native tongue , and also find out what it was like to live off the land . I also want to know how the crossing of the big pond was ... and how that first winter here was, from the other side of the family . fire_smiley fire_smiley
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

HORSELOGGER

FFH
One Of These Days

One of these days I'm gonna fly
Over the mountain
One of these days I'm gonna ride
On the silver lining
One of these days I'm gonna witness
All I've been missing
One of these days

One of these days I'm gonna do
All the things that I've never done
I'm gonna finish all the races
That I've run but I've never won
And I'm gonna see a million faces
And recognize everyone
One of these days

Chorus:
One of these days
Gonna see the hand that took the nails for me
One of these days
Gonna hold the key to the mansion built for me
One of these days
Gonna walk the streets of gold that were paved for me
One of these days
I'm gonna see my Savior face to face
One of these days

One of these days I'm gonna see
Just what became of me
On the day that I believed
When you took myself from me
And I believe I will see
What I would have been
If You didn't save me
One of these days

And one of these days I'm gonna talk
With all the saints that have gone before
And in their sandals I will walk
And we will sit along the shore
And I will learn all the things
That I never knew before
All this and more

One of these days I'll finally be
In a place where there's no more need
No more pain and no more grief
No more foolish disbelief
And all the joy there will be
When at last we finally see
One of these days

Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Stump Jumper

way to many things to mention and many more things to think of .                          no more medications ;) to meet up with our first born  ;)

thanks for the bible study SD
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

SwampDonkey

Psalm 127:3-5

Proverbs 17:6

Mark 10:13-16

Romans 8:28-30

;)

Ray Bell

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom link
I want my Grandmomma to hug me.

That's the promise I believe in... that everyone will be alive again and without pain or suffering (note that, Burlkraft... Rev. 21:3 & 4) and that everyone will get on perfectly because there will be no divisions and nobody doing harm to others or trying to dominate them (one for you, SAW MILLER... Isaiah 65), and that this earth will be something else.

After all, this earth is plenty nice, is it not? And it was God's gift to man... and God doesn't seem like an Indian giver to me, so that means he meant for us to have and enjoy it.

Psalm 37:29 and Matt 5:5 seem to me to say that's right.

Texas Ranger

I would like to talk to the dogs I have had and give them my apology for not being as good a master as they were friends.  Like to see the old folks, and tell them that I loved them, even when I couldn't.  I would like to tell Him, Thanks, You were there when I needed You.  And last but not least, tell my loved ones it is alright.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

TexasTimbers

Just FYI y'all. I have been practicing my singing in the shower and in the truck when I am alone. Actually, my wife loves to hear me sing to her and I do often because I know she really does like it. It's like a comedy routine sometimes I am so horrible depending on the song, we get to laughing together and it's a fun thing for us to do.
the funny thing is, as bad as my memory is, for some reason I remember lyrics to songs like rote. Even old classics I haven't heard in years I can still recall the words.
The even funnier thing is, my wife is a terrible lyric recaller but sings BEAUTIFULLY! I go to church to worship the Lord but it doesn't hurt none to get to stand next to her and hear her sing. 8)

Donk I'll be expecting a reference for my post here. I have been enjoying them ;)

SwampDonkey

Well....sure :)
Here is where David and the Isrealites were singing when they were transporting the Ark of the Covenant from Kiriath-jearim (Baalah of Judah),  in the house of Abinadab, to the house of Obed-edom and then onto David's tent before going on to the Temple, which was not built yet.

I Chronicles 13:5-8 

I Chronicles 15:25-29 ;D

Here's the Musicians King David appointed for God's Temple in Jerusalem.

I Chronicles 25: 1-31 ;D

then....

Ephesians 5:19
Singing at the Lord's Supper

Matthew 26:30

Psalm 27:6 for joy

Psalm 59:16 praising God's power

Psalm 89:1 Lord's mercy

Psalm 51:14 forgiveness

Psalm 147:7 for thanksgiving
When Israel is restored in the days of Jeremiah, after the Babylonians destroyed it.

Jeremiah 31:7

[Frame of reference: This is in times of turmoil in the land of Judah, so the lord had the cities and towns leveled.  Jeremiah 6:1-30, 9:11-16,25-26, 12:14-17]

The marked 144,000 with God's name who were the only ones that could learn the 'New Song'. ;D

Revelations 14:1-5

thurlow

We us'ta sing a song about when we all get to heaven.  We.......Hurricane Hill United Methodist.........changed to the United Methodist hymnal about 18 or 20 years ago.  I grew up with the Cokesbury hymnal, which I liked a bunch better.

1.   Sing the wondrous love of Jesus;
   sing his mercy and his grace.
   In the mansions bright and blessed
   he'll prepare for us a place.
Refrain:
   When we all get to heaven,
   what a day of rejoicing that will be!
   When we all see Jesus,
   we'll sing and shout the victory!

2.   While we walk the pilgrim pathway,
   clouds will overspread the sky;
   but when traveling days are over,
   not a shadow, not a sigh.
   (Refrain)

3.   Let us then be true and faithful,
   trusting, serving every day;
   just one glimpse of him in glory
   will the toils of life repay.
   (Refrain>

4.   Onward to the prize before us!
   Soon his beauty we'll behold;
   soon the pearly gates will open;
   we shall tread the streets of gold.
   (Refrain)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Bro. Noble

Thurlo,  I'm not familiar with the 'Cokesbury' hymnal,  does it have 'shaped' notes?  I love those old songs,  especially done by a good quartet. 
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Texas Ranger

By shaped notes, do you mean Sacred Harp?  Cokesbury is an older Methodist Hymnal that our church here still has and occasionally sings from.  We have a 60 member choir, I sing bass and momma sings alto,  usually about 45 or so show up.  We got us a phd music director that is leading us in some high toned stuff, when I, like you Bro. Noble, like the old songs.

Every 5th Sunday we would have a Gospel service, but the phd got rid of it.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Polly

8) 8)  about sixty two years ago me and my great uncle late one night were carrying on a conservation and the subject of moses came up and he ask me and i quote where was moses when light went out ?  does anyone know   ::) ::) 8)

Tom

SwampDonkey

Under the bed with his feet sticking out.  ;D

Bill Johnson

I want to shake God's hand and thank him (or her) for putting up with us for so long.

Then I want to sit down with all my relatives that have passed on and watch the sun rise.
Bill

TexasTimbers

I don't know Polly - he made it through the Red`Sea before the Lord shut the waters up. but Yul Brenner's  Egyptians didn't make it poor fellas.

So where was 'Ol Charleston, uh, Moses when them lights went out? you talking abou the ones that went out back in the 60s when that beaver jumped across them wires ???

SwampDonkey

Well the only thing I can think of concerning Moses and light was his return from his stay of 40 days and nights on Mount Sinai with the second set of stone tablets with the commandments (Exodus 34:1) and his face glowed from being in the presence of God (Exodus 34:29-35).

It's a stretch concerning the light issue  ;D , but Moses and Elijah appeared before God before the crucifixion in witness of Peter, James and John up on the mountain. This was during the transfiguration when the Lord's clothes turned dazzling white just before they appeared. Luke 9:28-36
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and Moses wasn't the only one that parted waters for the Isrealites to escape. Joshua was chosen by God also and he led them with the Ark of the Covenant across the Jordan. Joshua 3: 1-17. ;D

TexasTimbers

I remember hearing about a dentist (?) and his son from I believe Tennessee back in the 80s who claimed to have found parts of what could only have been chariots . . . . at the bottom of the red sea.
Stranger things could happen but of course the first thing that comes to mind is wouldn't gravity take that stuff deep below the ocean bottom. Of course, the specific gravity of thousands of year old Minoan pottery ships allow it to sit around Crete and other ares of old wreck sites, but chariot parts were not made of pottery.
Still, it's cool to think it's possible to find chariot parts for the eye-rollers. ;)

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 30, 2007, 02:26:42 PM
By shaped notes, do you mean Sacred Harp? 

In music with shaped notes,  each note in the scale has a different shape-----do is a delta,  mi is a diamond,  and sol is round as in conventional music, for example.  If you are in the key of G,  do is on the line for G etc.  Thus you can find the pitches in the music without having an instrument.  This is used in small rural churches especially south of the Mason, Dixon line.  There's some mighty fine old songs in those old books.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Furby

Actually Kevjay, some areas have rocky bottoms so it's not as far fetched as it sounds.

Everyone forget about the burning bush ???

SwampDonkey

Furby, nope, not for one second. ;D

Exodus 3:1-5

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Furby on January 31, 2007, 03:43:51 PM
Actually Kevjay, some areas have rocky bottoms so it's not as far fetched as it sounds.

Yeah, they've found ancient ruins around the Mediterranean of parts of the old city Alexandria.  ;)

beenthere

Thanks Bro_Noble
Had not heard of shaped notes, and your explanation intrigued me to look it up. Found this site, and also learned that a music software that I have (Finale) will print out shaped-note music. Now I'm curious as to why we don't use it in our Barbershop singing. Not that I see a need to, but curious just the same.

Shaped Notes
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Polly

8) 8)  tom you are right that was a true story i probly was five years old i neve forgot it :)

Thank You Sponsors!