iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

farmtrac 535

Started by sgtmaconga, January 23, 2007, 10:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtmaconga

does anyone own a farmtrac 535 tractor? good or bad, i have a option for one and wanted your thoughts
Measure twice cut once

farmerdoug

Isn't that from the Northern Hydrualics catalog?

I am curious on those imports too.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

slowzuki

Chinese tractors have advantages and disadvantages.  Poorer parts availability, generally poor front axle strength from not being meant for loader work, limited mechanics interested in working on one.

Advantages, price, generally heavy machines which is good for traction

I wouldn't buy one myself but if you like to tinker and do your own work and don't mind waiting a month or two to get parts when it breaks then they are likely to fit you well.  My tractor is used for haying and snow removal so it can't be down for long periods of time.

mike_van

You know, parts is parts - If you can't get one 5  or 10 years from now, what do you have?  I needed a fuel pump for my 30 yr. old IH last fall - Columbia Tractor had it in my mailbox in 2 days. There's always tractor parts you can make/fix, but there's specialized ones too. Just my opinion, but you can still find about any part you need for any US made tractor, going back to the old H's, M's, JD's, whatever - 
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

sgtmaconga

the farmtrac is ford's new model replacement. it looks just like the old ford3000
Measure twice cut once

slowzuki

I looked into it a bit as I assumed it was one of hte chinese brands.  It seems they used to built some tractors for Ford.  I would be skeptical of all the parts still interchanging but maybe someone knows better than I.

stumpy

I went on their website.  The parent compant is in India
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

brdmkr

I have a local dealer for Farmtrac.  I would not hesitate to buy from this fellow as their support is excellent.  I have a Ford now that I bought from an individual and I still find myself going to this guy for parts. 

I would say if you like the Farmtrac and you have good local support, go for it.  Others have mentioned on the FF time and time again, go with good local service.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!