iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Mark 7 Logging Arch

Started by Tam-i-am, January 22, 2007, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

John has sent me the latest Arch Map!  Looks like were getting somewhere. My hopes are that the arch staggers around oho, Indiana, maybe Illinois and heads up Wisconsin towards the U.P.
UPDATED ARCH MAP
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

It might be possible for me to move it from point A to point B in the Northern half of IN or the Chicago area and even MI if needed at some point.

Quartlow

OK I got to play with it some, I have a stupid question. Why are the holes for piece that holds the log tongs drilled at offset angles? To use Two of settings you put it in one way to use the other two you have to flip it over. 

Things are changing in my schedule beyond my control, not going to get to use it like I wanted too. So whoever wants it next needs to speak up.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Jeff

HEY! 
Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Log Arch!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Log Arch.

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Log Arch!

beenthere

Jeff
I hope you see your log arch come PigRoast time........2007 that is.   :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV_hillbilly

Hey Quartlow you still got the arch  at your house ?  If so let me know . I should  be able to meet you Friday and move it around this way. I could use it this weekend and then get it moving northwest .
Hillbilly

Quartlow

When and where? My schedule is pretty open
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

WV_hillbilly

Hillbilly

Quartlow

Boy are you in trouble Jeff, your log arch is going to the flea market  :D  :D  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

WV_hillbilly

See ya in the morning Quartlow.  I was going to ask who wants it next but maybe that depends on the coin flow at the flea market .
Hillbilly

Quartlow

It is kind of a pretty blue, we may be able to squeeze a sawbuck out of it   :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

DR Buck

Is it going to make it to Harrison for the Pig Roast?     Be nice if it could.. :)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Quartlow

Well last I saw it was headed south bouncing along behind red Chevy truck at a high rate of speed.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

WV_hillbilly

We made it .  It's a good thing those are high speeed hubs on it . The only thing missing is the little knobbies from the  tires so I quess they are broke in now and ready for work  . Passed a couple police cars and got some funny looks .
Hillbilly

Captain

The hubs are high speed...what are the TIRES rated for??  :D

Captain

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DR Buck

Might be one of us should could pass through WVA on the way north to the UP and pick it up. ;D   I suspect it will fit in the back of a pick-up?   Unless Jeff is in no hurry to get his hands on it.  ;D

Jeff

I'd love to get a look at it.  :D

WV_hillbilly

I used it today to pull 5 cherry logs up to the house with my 4wheeler . It worked out slick as I just weaved in and out of the residual trees with out making a new road .  The wife isn't pleased . I told her if I get one of those aches I will need to get a bigger 4 wheeler to pull it . The steering was real light on a few turns . Then again maybe I should hitch it to the farm tractor. it out weighs the 4wheeler by about 5000 lbs. I will get some pics up here tommorrow or Tuesday.The arch is a very usefull piece of equipment for my property and  it 's my favorite color  BLUE . Now I just need to convince the financial adviser ( wife) . 
Hillbilly

DR Buck

Hey WV Hillbilly,

You're just a slight detour on my route the the Piggy Roast.  I can stop and pick it up and haul it to Jeff's.

beenthere

Dr_Buck
Did ya getRdun?  Appears to be the Mark7 Logging Arch in the background. If so, glad it found it's home.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DR Buck

QuoteDr_Buck
Did ya getRdun?  Appears to be the Mark7 Logging Arch in the background. If so, glad it found it's home.

Can't take credit for it.  BBTom was the transportation company for that job.    :D

Ron Scott

Log Arch. It undergoes a "test' at the Pig Roast.

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!