iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Mark 7 Logging Arch

Started by Tam-i-am, January 22, 2007, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

I think dangerous_dan needs to eat a few more cheeseburgers. I don't know physics, but I do know how I was painfully ejected from my end of a playground see-saw as a child. The big kid has a natural advantage.

ohsoloco

So, what's up with the arch  ???  I could REEEEEEAAAAAALLLLYYY use that thing this coming Monday to fetch logs from a yard  ;)

Burlkraft

By da time dat ting gets around ta me and Beenthere he'll be hauling my coffin around on it.... :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

:D :D :D  not gonna be dat long ta git here......

Musta be dat its so much fun, that da guys like to keep it around, and so busy with it dat no pics get posted.  ::)

It did sound like a good idea tho, in da beginning........maybe was too much snow, and now too much mud.  ::)

ok, back to da taxes.........
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

leweee

Quote from: Burlkraft on March 20, 2007, 02:58:24 PM
By da time dat ting gets around ta me and Beenthere he'll be hauling my coffin around on it.... :D :D :D

dem big hollow logs wood make a good casket. :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

ohsoloco

An arch update:

I just spoke with Red on the phone a little while ago, and we should be meeting up sometime on Saturday so I can pick up the arch  :)  If everything goes as planned I should be done with it Monday.  And yes, I've secured a good digital camera and a photograper  ;D

So, to keep things going, who is around central PA that would like to use the arch  ???  It sounds like there are lots of members wanting to try it out.  If you're interested let me know so we can get a game plan moving, and when I'm done with it the arch can continue on its way  :)

ohsoloco

Well, I couldn't get in touch with Red on Friday, and haven't heard from him yet, so I guess I'm out.  After tomorrow morning I won't really have a use for it  :-\

Jeff

I'm hoping Red and ohsoloco got together before this morning.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dangerous_Dan

Red is MIA.
The arch is at my farm in NJ.
Speak up if you want to come pick it up.
DD
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Jeff

Well go skid da neighbors logs until somebody shows up to claim it.  :D

moosehunter

I'd like to try it out, but NJ is a bit far for me to traval to get it! I will be going to NJ in Sept., but I sure hope it isn't still there in sept. :o
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

johnjbc

Please send me your Street Address if you are intrested in testing the Arch, and I will update the map. That way we can figure out how to move it with the least driving.

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

ohsoloco

The arch never made it my way, but this is the first I've been online since Sunday.  I honestly don't think the arch would've moved that big log anyway, but it would've been fun to find out  ;D

If the arch needs to stop by my place to cut down on driving time for some people, then that would be cool.  I just never know when I'll actually need one.

johnjbc

Added Quartlow
Added ohsoloco
I don't mean to take over scheduling of who gets the arch next. I would think that the person who currently has the arch and is ready to send it on would make a post (With Pictures please) and make arrangements with someone near by to use it next.
Quartlow  - To answer your question about viewing the map online. Jeff or one of the Admins would have to do that.

Burlkraft

I know that Beenthere's on da road dis weekend...Mebby he's hacked inta the GPS signal comin' from da arch and he's gonna commandeer it and get her CLOSER ta the Mississip.... ;D ;D    move_it move_it sling_shot boxingsmiley bat_smailey move_it move_it

OR ...........

air_plane

Jeff

Hey, if you want to put the map togetherthats great! Just email a large one to me on updates and I'll put a big version up thats readable.  :)

Jeff

Bulkraft, dont ever try to get a pilots license....

Burlkraft

Didn't ya know..... ???   ???   ???

I'm a Sky Pilot..... :D   :D   :D

Jeff

Burlkraft

Yup...Ya outta hear me preach sometime.......... ;D ;D ;D

Jeff

SEND ME 5 DOLLARS AND I'LL SEN YOU YOUR MIR-A-CLE.

Thanks John! Here is a bigger version of the Arch map.

ARCH MAP

Quartlow

Thanks JEff, I was having a tough time squinting my eyes to read that little one  :D  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

johnjbc

Looks good Jeff.   smiley_clapping
If anyone would like to be added to the map I need your Street, City, State Address so Street Atlas can add a Map Note for your location. I guess we also need it for Dangerous_Dan`so we have a starting point.
I will go ahead and add anyone who asks but will center the map on the current location of the arch. So as the arch moves closer to you, you will show up.

Jeff

And I'll keep adding the fresh map over top of the old ones every time I get one.  :)

chet

How come dat map don't have da better half of Michigan, da half dats north of da bridge.  :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!