iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Mark 7 Logging Arch

Started by Tam-i-am, January 22, 2007, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Some of you already know that Mark Havel of Future Forestry Products and Kevin had been locked in the shop for a week working on a top secret project.  Well here it is.

Jeff B helped with the name.  Mark to honor Mr. Havel and 7 because it is the 7th arch in our line.

anyway the arch is sized between the junior and the fetching arch.  Priced between the 2 too!  this arch can handle a 24" diameter log and 2000 pounds.  It comes standard with a two man handle.  The unique thing about this arch is its adjustable tong height.  It can be set in 4 positions to allow for different size logs big or small.

the Mark 7 with the two man handle will be available in 2 weeks and will retail for $1300.
Some other options for this arch are available:
         drop tongue  for $150
         wider turf tire for $110

And it fits in the back of the minivan!!!!

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Ain't that cool?  :)   

Guess what else is going on?  Kevy and I have been scheming on how a bunch of forum members can try one of these out. I gotta think the new arch will be the cats meow for the portable mill owner or the urban sawyer or the property owner managing his woodlot.

We would like to try something and if it works out, we will try it again only via a different route.  How many volunteers are out there that would like to play with a mark7 for a few days?  What we want to do is send an arch from Kevin to me via as many forum members as possible giving each a chance to demo it and then get it to the next member on the route.  On this one we would like to see the Arch go through perhaps some new england states, maybe Pennsylvania or new your, maybe West Virginia, maybe Kentucky or Tennessee, Ohio and Indiana, maybe Illinois and up through Wisconsin, through the Yooper country, and down into Michigan eventually arriving in Harrison in May sometime.  The members that want to give it a go and help logrite with some feedback and get a chance to use the arch for a few days will eventually determine the route. 

We really think this will be a hoot and be lots of fun giving members a chance to meet up with one another and also be some of the first folks to get thier chance to use and evaluate a great new LogRite product. :)

So. WHO'S IN??  smiley_bounce  8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

farmerdoug

Jeff,

Count me in but I am on the wrong side of you for the route you are looking for. ::)  If it comes this way I am up for it. 8)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Furby

I'm in!
In fact if someone wants to cover my gas some expenses, I'll drive one around to different members all next month! ;D

Captain

OK, those of us near the source need to figure out a STARTUP PLAN.  Speak up, New England FF members.  smiley_blue_bounce

Captain

isawlogs

If you make it to northern Vermont , I am only a minute from the border .
I'll sent you my address , if you want to cross it over here , I am definitely in   8)

I'll provide food and a bed for the time you will be around . I'll even talk French to ya if you want .  ;D ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Captain

I MAY be trying to pull the first straw....I've got 8 logs to recover this week from behind a customer's house....

Captain

Tom

Affair d'amour? Affair d'coeur? ... Ahhh ... la belle femme skunk fatale!! Tch-tch.

pigman

If it gets anywhere near northern Ky or southeastern In, I will  give it a test for a day. 8)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

solodan

What is the weight on the Mark 7?

Quote from: Tamiam on January 22, 2007, 08:18:54 PM

this arch can handle a 24" diameter log and 2000 pounds.  

That is what the Fetching Arch is already rated at. ???

I was gonna call Mark and ask him this, but I'll just ask here instead?  I was wondering if a three foot extension could be added in between the Fetch and the drop tow tongue, so that I could fully suspend 16' logs?

Tam-i-am

The Mark 7 weighs 160 pounds.  the 2 man handle adds 28 pounds.  the drop tongue weighs 30 pounds.

Solodan - the fetching is rated at 24" but will really do a 28" log.  the best way to do a 16' log is to use two arches in tandem or you can let the tail drag.  There will be very little weight on the end of the log and it will just bounce along behind the arch.  As for the extension - I will have to look into that for you.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

fuzzybear

well I know it's a looooong shot.  You could send it waaayyyy up here after every one else has had their fun and let me run it thru the bush about 200 miles to a cabin site. If it makes it through what we would put it through it will last forever!!! ::)
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Furby

:o :o :o
I'll bring it to ya, I'll bring it to ya!!!! 8)

DWM II

How about down here? I'v gots some pine to get out of a residential area that I cant get my tractor to due to not wanting to rut up their yards.

Come on down Furby, I'll feed ya and take you Squerril hunting as well 8).
Stewardship Counts!

stumpy

Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Mr Mom

Does it come with pontoons?
     All mud here.
     Went to take the three wheeler in the woods and got aboutten feet in and broke throught the ice.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

moosehunter

I am in southern centrial New York.
Count me in if it is in my area. I would meet folks half-way in any direction.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Burlkraft

Me and Beenthere can abuse........ I mean use it fer a day.... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

KGNC

If NW NC is near the route you could count me in. I've got some 12-14" locust that i have been putting of cutting thinking that I would build my own arch. Using someone else's would be very cool.

metalspinner

It sounds like the Forestry Forum Bucket Brigade is underway. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

bedway

More than willing to give it a try here in northwest pa.,,,bedway

Weekend_Sawyer

If It comes through Maryland I have a bunch of logs to move around.
8)
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

maple flats

I'd take it and put it to the test. I'm in the exact geograghical center of New York State.i have several logs to move this year and it could be timed to coincide with the OFFICIAL TRIAL OF MARK 7. 8) 8) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

dutchman

I'd be glad to try the new arch.
Home is southwest PA.

Thank You Sponsors!