iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sky scenes  

Started by Bibbyman, February 15, 2003, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

It looks like it once was alive.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

The shape is from a breaking wave at the nearby surf break.

It is a cool little bridge. It's a foot bridge in the coastal walk around New Plymouth. When they wanted to extend the walkway further there is a river in the way, and a long detour up to the road bridge. The council priced out what a basic foot bridge would cost, but some of the local businessmen  decided the site deserved better. Luckily the also owned civil and mechanical engineering companies, and could chip in a couple of million$$.

Making the bridge was a mission as each rib is a different profile. They where CNC'd out of steel and welded together, then the whole bridge was trucked down to the site and craned into place.

The bridge also point directly at the Mt, which you can faintly see in this shot. Usually it's perfectly framed from that spot.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

Thanks for the history because it is quite unusual.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on September 19, 2016, 09:33:22 PM
It looks like it once was alive.

There actually may be some meat still on the bone.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Just a few hours old.
This is out my front door.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

Coming back from a fireworks show last night and Lil says, wow the mountain looks cool tonight. Wish we had a picture of it like that. No problem. Probably should have gone out of town, away from the street lights, but just went down the  street to the local park and set up the camera there.

Have tweaked the contrast curve a little to make the image look better, and more like the actual view, but no real  retouching.

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

~Ron

Bandmill Bandit

This picture isn't even close to what reality actually was but it is still a WOW what great day to be alive moment! Even on the morning after!

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

thecfarm

Yes,I find the same thing with some that I post.
But yours still looks great.

Jeff

It's a "Snoopy Sky" kinda day in da U.P. Can ya see it?

Jeff

I guess ya'll need help.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

newoodguy78

Quote from: Ianab on September 18, 2016, 04:10:25 AM
Just a couple of smartphone pics

And Lil's one

I know this is a sky thread but that bridge is spectacular. Between the bridge and the sky Lil's picture is frame worthy. She definitely has good taste.

It's a bridge called Te Wera Wera on the coastal walkway in New Plymouth. We where up there today to do some shopping and get pizza for lunch and got in a short walk before the rain clouds rolled in.

The bridge is pretty famous with it's own Wikipedia page even.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Te_Rewa_Rewa_Bridge

Ianab

MJ got this shot from the ferry as we came back from the South Island

It's actually 2 consecutive shots on her new phone that Google has recognized and automatically stitched into one. We commented at the time how it was impossible to capture the whole scene in just one image. Anyway the system automatically fixed that.  :D Well it's still not a full 360 sky view, but it's a wider shot than any single one we could take.

Roxie

Spectacular shot!   8) 
Say when

Magicman

Pear Blossoms with a Blue Sky.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

Texas Ranger that looks almost fake it's so pretty.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: thecfarm on March 15, 2017, 09:47:00 PM
Texas Ranger that looks almost fake it's so pretty.

this year better than most
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

reedco

Really nice pictures, really good with a camera!
Not many trees

Ox

Wish I was there.  Pretty much anywhere but where I am.  Thanks for sharing and helping me dream myself the hell outta here.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Ron Scott

~Ron

Jeff

Our sky was on fire here this morning.

Thank You Sponsors!