iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leg Cramps & Frozen Feet . . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, January 21, 2007, 01:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I still haven't fixed my frozen feet, but I sure as heck cured my night time leg cramps.

I can't hardly remember anything the Pastor siad this moring because my feet were ice cubes. I guess I have to break down and order some of those battery powered socks. I was MIZZZZZerable.

Now here's the thing I want to pass on though. For over a year I have had sever leg cramps come and go. the past 3 - 4 months they have been intolerable at night, jolting me out of bed in a start, sending me hopping around the room trying yoga-like positions while standing, leaning against a wall and doing ballerina toe-tips. I had it down to a science. i could work a cramp out in les than a minute. But that pain until I got it worked out, and the interuption of sleep 2 - 4 times a night (and some nights without much sleep) were wearing me down.
The doc couldn't really help - since I can't take potassium supps, can't eat many nanners, can't do sodium supp's. just gotta live with it even though i would drink tons of water.

Well, i am here to sing the praises of   SOAP!

Now some of you know I am crazy but the other half who didn't will think I am now but I am here to tell you this remedy has worked 100% of the time with over a dozen people my family knows among them my dad, sister, 100 year old Aunt, and me. My mom reports two of her friends now swear by the soap (Ivory is reported to have the least effect).
My wife and I each have our own bar. I have a bar of Irish Spring on my side and she has a bar of dial. Sometimes ar night I wake up to find I am slowly rubbing my feet against the bar, like the Blarney Stone. Must be the Irish in me.

All you do is put a bar of soap under the sheets at the foot of your bed. I give you my solemn word of honor I have not had more than 2 cramp-attacks since doing this 3 weeks ago, and they came within the first couple of nights. They are now totally gone. You can call it psycho-sematic if you like but gone is gone and if you have them, try the soap. All I can say is i was more skeptical than anyone when my mom told me about it working, I thought she was off her rocker.

If you have consistent or regular leg cramps lkike I did. try the soap. It worked for me and it can for you too maybe. So far I have not heard of it not working for anyone who has tried it.

I haven't tried it for cold feet. They warm up once I'm in the bed. Maybe I'll try cramming some motel-sized bars in my boots.  ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

TexasTimbers

I've tried everything you can imagine. You would too with that kind of intense, routine pain. Soap works great with no side effects or ongoing expense.

sawguy21

I sometimes wake up with golf ball sized knots in my leg muscles and like you say, the pain is brutal. I finally get it worked out then as soon as I bend my leg, wham. I have tried nanners but they don't seem to have much effect. Do you leave the soap in the wrapper, it would be a little mesy otherwise?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

Actually, I belive you will get the same results if you were to use a block of wood with all edges and corners rounded off, or most anything that is along thos lines. ;)

TexasTimbers

No wrapper. Just slip it under the sheet. We have fitted sheets and one of those firm mattresses but with a pillow top, so there happens to be two of those "pocket" things where a button is and the soap stays put in those little depression.
My wife would have occassional cramps nothing like mine or as frequent, and she hasn't had any either.
My mom sent me a website of one of those online doctors who says he can't explain why it works but that with as many of his patients who swear by it, he has overwhelming evidence that it does so he puts all his patients on the soap treatment.
I tried quinine, potassium, magnesium, nannas, more and more water. Try the soap and tell us if it works.. You should know after only a couple of nights.

Here I dug through my emails and found it. Soap Article

Something tells me you're wrong Furby. i think it has something to do with the soap not the shape. Touching it is not necessary to get the benefits. Most people don't rub it like I do from what I have read. It's something to do with the offgassing (?) of the sopa being trapped underneath the sheets maybe. So far I have yet to hear anyone explain it to any logical reason.
Former sufferers such as myself don't care. I have been thinking about taking it out and seeing if they come back. I even asked my wife to remove the soap without my knowledge so we can eliminate psycho-sematic.  ???

Furby

Ok, but you will know if your wife removes it.
Make a block of wood the same size and shape and have your wife switch it at some point.
The "offgassing" theory can be proven that way. ;)

TexasTimbers

logwalker

Since you are now a believer try the cayenne pepper in your socks for your cold feet. I think it even has more scientific credibility than the soap.  ;)
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

scgargoyle

My wife hates it when I 'offgas' under the sheets! :D :D :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

submarinesailor

Well, stop pulling the covers over her head when you do that. :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

sprucebunny

I'm glad you found something that worked for you, KevJay !

Calcium is also recomended to stop cramping. I know one person that taking supplements regularly has worked well for.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

Doesn't matter how it works,as long as you think it works and gives you some relief.Any cure for jumping legs?Not restless legs.I don't get the feeling of I HAVE to move my legs because of a creepy feeling.But I feel thet my legs need to jerk when I am sitting.Seems to happen mostly when I'm tired or when I really relax.My wife claims I do it all night.I have no idea I do this at night,I'm sleeping.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tdelorme

Kevin I am sure proud to hear about that soap working for you and I'm thinking I might just go into town next week and get me a bar of soap just to have in reserve.  Be prepared, right.
I do have one question about somthing in your post.  Is a  "psycho-sematic " a crazy Jewish sawyer?

TexasTimbers

:D Yes I believe so tdelorme.

I will try the cayenne lw, the soap convinced me that sometimes my "horse sense" ain't all it's cracked up to be. I am suprised I didn't taken to the cleaners for posting this - I was fully expecting it; I just figured there has to be other sufferers and I am so confident about the success rate i wanted to share it.

Sawguy, have you implemented the lye antidote yet ???

Phorester

Okay, KevJay......  How in the world did your Mom come up with this remedy?   ;D

Folk remedies always intrigue me.  Why did somebody think to try this?  Or did they wake up one morning and find a bar of soap had mysteriously appeared under the bed covers and noticed at the same time that their leg cramps were gone? 

How did the first Indian come to chew on the inner bark of slippery elm and find that his headache had disappeared?   

How did the first Indian come to roll up an old dried up tobacco leaf, put it in his mouth, set it on fire.... and enjoy it!!

How...how....HOW!!!!!?!?!?!?   It's killing me!!  Think I'll go brew up some sassafras tea.....

TexasTimbers

I called my mom and asked. I did not have the story down just right so I am glad you asked. She heard about it from my dad who heard about if from his secretary. So I called her and she she is out to lunch so I can't ask her how she heard of it.
Furby my wife put on new sheets last night and I saw the green bar of soap so no switcheroo yet......

Paul_H

When I was young I was often bothered with stys and it was painfull to blink and it would drive me to distraction.The Doctor prescribed ointment,either poly or neosporin I can't remember but I do remember that nothing worked and one time in particular,the sty lasted a long time.
My Grandma told me to rub it with Gold and I did as I was told and the sty was gone by morning.I was maybe 8 years old and had had(that's for you Tom)several stys but whenever I have felt that familiar pain come on,I rub it with Gold and it goes away.
I won't pretend to try and explain it but I am thankfull for the relief.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Paul_H on January 23, 2007, 02:29:04 PM
My Grandma told me to rub it with Gold and I did .......

Well, you rich folks can afford to cure your own stys.  :)

Quote from: Paul_H on January 23, 2007, 02:29:04 PM
. . . . and had had(that's for you Tom) . . . . .

I don't know the story behind this, but if "the double had" rubs you the wrong way Tom, you would have been driven nuts by reading Ayn Rands Atlas Shrugged. She used the double had incessantly. I enjoyed the book at that time period of my life, but by the time I had finished reading the 1000+ page tome - I had had enough.  ;D

Paul_H

Quote from: kevjay on January 24, 2007, 07:26:45 AM

Well, you rich folks can afford to cure your own stys. 

Says the guy using all that fancy store bought soap   :)

Tom

Double word sentences don't rub me the wrong way, I just find them interesting and will call attention to it when I use one. :)

Paul_H

Tom,
I had had the same thoughts on that,that you didn't mind them at all.

Tom

If'n I had had an aversion to that that appears as duplicates I'd say something else.  ;D

Are there double word sentences with other words besides "had" and "that"?

Michigan Mike

What is , is as it will be.       ??? ??? ???

Phorester

Be that as it may may you have a double-word free life.

Thank You Sponsors!