Sponsors:

Going to Town

Started by Mark M, February 14, 2003, 06:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

DanG Mark was sooooo funny! :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Patty

Yea, we are sure gonna miss the guy... :(
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

asy

Every time I read a 'mark thread' I wish more and more I'd got to meet him, I think we would have had a ball...

I hope his family have peace and a merry Christmas.

Both families that is, here and there.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Norm

Merry Christmas Mark, we miss ya buddy.

moosehunter

Could post #5 be considered the first "Chet joke"  ???
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

tnlogger

everytime I read this I about fall off my seat. Mark merry christmas cause I know your up there and watching out for us :)
gene

scsmith42

BUMP.  This is one of the all time classic FF threads, and it's worth another holiday visit.

Mark - RIP.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Slabs

I want your recipe for the marianade for the smoked sucker.  We got em' down here too.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

sawguy21

This thread still brings a grin, it is hilarious. Mark was special.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

IMERC

Quote from: Mark M on February 14, 2003, 06:36:01 PM
I'm going to town this weekend, anybody need anything?  ;)

Mark

yessir!!!

a really humongous box of money... in gold is preferred..
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Meadows Miller

Quote from: scsmith42 on December 11, 2009, 07:10:54 PM
BUMP.  This is one of the all time classic FF threads, and it's worth another holiday visit.

Mark - RIP.

Thanks Sc for bringing this thread up mate  ;)

After reading afew if his posts since i joined  I reckon He would have been a Top Bloke  to have  around   ;) ;D 8) 8)

I like his sence of Humor  ;) :D :D 8) 8)

RIP Mark
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Norm

Yep one of the classics by a guy taken too soon.

Rest In Peace Mark.

asy

A good time of year to remember those friends who aren't with us anymore.

Also a great time to remember what we have and be happy.

asy...

Magicman

I didn't know Mark, but thanks for "Bumping" this for us newcomers.... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patty

Mark was truly a special man, whom I had the opportunity to meet at one of Jeff's piggy roasts. He was as much fun to talk to in person as his threads were to read. Our last conversation was about him sending Norm a bulldozer from CAT.....one bolt and nut at a time.  ;D

We miss you Mark!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Warbird

Heh.  That reminds me of Johnny Cash's song, "One Piece At A Time".

old joe

I missed this post the first time around.  Was laughing out loud.  Then I noticed the 2003 date.  And learned Mark was gone!!  I feel like I missed a really good guy.  Enjoy your reward Mark, You earn a star for every smile anyone gets from you.

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

DanG

Old Joe, thanks to Jeff's foresight, you haven't missed him at all.  Just pull up his profile and you can get to everything he ever said here.  There are some great stories there, like the time he "de-tailed" the cat with his Norwood sawmill and the time he found a chain with the snowblower.  He also left us with a whole bunch of good technical info about lubricants.  He sure was a lovable character.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

asy

Quote from: old joe on December 12, 2009, 08:07:04 PMEnjoy your reward Mark, You earn a star for every smile anyone gets from you.

If that's true we best all buy sunglasses to wear at night.  There were a LOT of smiles gleaned from Mark.  I never knew him, but have read many of his posts, sheesh he was funny.

You should look up the threads about starting certain business ideas....   Aaaargh they're hillarious!!!

asy :D

Holmes

Bump  This is very entertaining and it's been 3 years since it's been on top
Think like a farmer.

isawlogs

Quote from: Jeff on February 15, 2003, 05:13:50 PM
I'd offer up my truck but I just filled it. had a quarter tank to start. $38.50!

I would like this to be so toiday.. I filled up yesterday and it was well over da hundre $$$$
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DeepWoods

One of the reasons I joined the FF was at the time I first found the forum, Mark had already been a member for almost a year before I joined.  I read many of his posts and laughed a lot with the rest of the members.  When I got my Norwood, partially due to the fact that Mark had a lot of good things to say about his, I copied a lot of what he did with his when I did upgrades to mine.  He contributed a lot to the forum, and I miss his humor and wisdom.  After rereading this thread, I realized that 5 of the people that contributed to this post are no longer with us.  They were some of the first people that I met on this forum. They offered there knowledge and wisdom without asking anything in return. 

Thank you Jeff for keeping all of what the forum was and is, intact.  It gives new members the ability to see how the forum has grown, and all of the collective knowledge is still available.  It is sad that some of this wisdom is no longer added because of their passing.  The good thing is, the forum still grows every day with all of the current members contributions. To all of you, I say Thank You. 

DeepWoods

Norwood LM2000 with 23 HP Briggs and 21 foot track, Hand Built Logging Arch, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and Setter. 48" Xtreme Duty Logrite Cant Hook.

Thank You Sponsors!