iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portable sawmill service in the Jim Beam Distillery (Clairmont, Ky.) area

Started by treebucker, January 17, 2007, 08:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treebucker

I've searched this site for a better place to post this and didn't find one. ??? But I didn't look too hard and nothing I found seemed all that promising. So I'm posting here. :-\

A man I've known all my life stopped by unexpectedly this evening. He found out I do some milling and one thing lead to another and now I need to find a sawmill that can cut a oak log for him. He described it as about 36" (small end) and 16' long.

He is located in Clairmont, Ky. (yes, near the Jim Beam Distillery) across from Bernheim Forest.  He needs to id it as white or red, advice on how to buck, where a good place to set up a mill, etc.. He's looking to get it sawed but doesn't know what he wants to use it for - trim, flooring, etc. His wife consideres it a land mark tree and wants him to make something from it for her house besides firewood. smiley_dwarf_finished_chair He can haul it to a local circle mill but that's a dangerous chore for the inexperienced and 5/16 kerf is not desirable. So I'm hoping that there is a miller on this forum that can stop by there and advise him and give him a quote.

BTW he told me his neighbor has a skidder.

So if you are interested, send me a IM and I will give you the contact info. 
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and
I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!" - Anon

Part_Timer

Look in the top right hand corner and click on the find a forester/sawmill link and just fill in the information. 

Usually these go in the wanted section but no big deal.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!