iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a vendor conspiracy

Started by Tom, January 17, 2007, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

The other day, there was a banging and rattling on the front of the house.  I looked out the window and saw this big white shirt with a Baker hat on, banging on my door.  I answered the door and found Tom Stout standing there wanting to inspect my mill.  The Baker Boys! 

I made him go to the back door to let him in and I found this young Adam fellow standing there at the bottom of the steps with a big suitcase in his hand wanting to know where he was to be staying.  Before I could answer, Tom was inside wanting to know which TV channel was the news.

I put Adam up in the spare bedroom and Tom on the couch.  Then we got some supper and Tom told me he was here to get my sawmill.  "Nah!!   Not here to take my mill!  Your joking!", says I.

Well, as it turns out, there's something going on.  They won't talk.

Gael came home from work and huddled with them for awhile and then told me that I better behave myself.  :-\

Yesterday we spent the morning airing up tires, tying up hoses and stuff like that.  Then they moved that big white baker truck over in front of it and dropped the hitch on the ball. " By Golly!  They're serious."

Well, yesterday afternoon, at gunpoint, I made them go fishing out by the Atlantic Ocean with the idea that I was going to figure this thing out or they might not make it back to the house.  They didn't utter a peep.  Couldn't make them break.

I took them both to the holey tree and joined them up with the club, but they didn't break even for that.

We even took them to this fancy restaurant last night.  I figured I'd intimidate them and make'em humble and maybe they would talk.  Not only did they not say much, but, picked up the tab before I could get it too.

Then Gael took us for this speed shifting, heel-toe acceleration/braking trip through town and we went over every bridge, some of them twice.   I left my finger prints in the window frame, wore a hole in the floorboard, and got home so tired that all I could think of was bed.

This morning I caught them standing by the truck and tried for the last time.  I took them to breakfast.  Still they're hanging on.  When I got home, they got in their truck and left.  My sawmill was wagging all behind.   

Well they weren't going to get away that easy.  I jumped in my truck and ran with them, as best as I could, all the way to Georgia.  When I got to the other side of Folkston, I realized I was out of gasoline.  My new vehicle was making loud trumpet blasts at me and there was a big sign on the dash that said "low fuel".   I figgered I better stop, so, I pulled into the Shell truck stop and watched as my mill tagged along behind them as they raced North on US-1.   "North"!!   Where're you going?

I could hear this maniacal laugh as their truck disappeared in the distance.

It's turned cold and I sit here in goose bumps looking out my window at an empty front yard.  Earlier today, my sawmill was sitting out there. :-\

submarinesailor

New Baker mill??? Maybe so??? Hope so???

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Fla._Deadheader

"My NEW Vehicle " ???  You holding out on us ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

farmerdoug

Tom,

They probably heard you saying that it was too cold to saw and they took your mill away out of sympthy for it. ::) ;D :)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Captain

There's something special in the air..... ;)

Paul_H

If I hadn't read this thread and Tom Stout showed up at my doorstep I wouldn't have known him from Adam.Now I would but I'm sure wondering what they are going to do with your mill. smiley_headscratch

Any hints? smiley_lit_bulb
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

Any guesses? 

You might know more than me.  :-\ :)

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

Paul, Tom Stout(Tom_in_Mo) is the big, ugly one.  Adam is the one with the funny shoes. ::)

I dunno why they'd want to come all the way down here to kidnap a wore out ol' mill. ??? ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Wore out!?  It was Experienced, Dang. :D :D

Part_Timer

This is better than a soap opera. :)

tell me is it common for a sawmill vendor to come and kidnap a customers mill :D  or is it just a FF thing. ;)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Tom

I'm convinced that sawmill folks are a strange bunch, Part_Timer. :P

pigman

Tom, you are a very special person. When the repo men came to repossess your sawmill, you put them up for the night, fed them and took them fishing. :o

Bob 

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

I don't understand, Pigman.   When that Other guy came, the one in the blue poly suit who had the peacock feather in his wide-brimmed white hat, and asked me for the money for the mill, I payed him off in full with cash.

brdmkr

Tom,

Are you sure they were from Baker?  I have a friend that can make a sign for a truck door.  At least you got pictures of them.

How long will you be able to make it without a mill :o :o :o
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Bibbyman

That Tom-in-Mo sure is going to a lot of trouble to get out of a good winter storm back here! 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Captain

Tom, looks like you've got to take a hint from Bibbyman. Put it in a building and chain it to the floor  ;D

I'm just as clueless as you are, but I'm sure this is gonna be great!

Captain

thurlow

There's a TV program about folks who do this very thing...............RePo men.  Seen 'em get cars, big trucks, boats, airplanes, etc;  did they film the repossession of the mill?
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Furby

Sure did!
Didn't ya see the pics ???

Bill

Tom

You know in the past people paid for things in cash because that was the way things worked.

Modern times you use plastic and the credit card company takes you on as a partner in their " company town " - but they can pruv that you own it leastways as long as you send'em money every month.

Now not knowing this guy you gave all that cash to  . . . 
   . . . and you know how good them fancy 'puter guys are at faking titles and such . . .

Time to call the sheriff in !

;D

Minnesota_boy

You have all missed a critical bit of information.  Tom took after them in his new vehicle.  That was a clue!  Tom's wife decide that Tom was working too hard at milling and wanted him to have a real excuse to retire so she sold his mill and bought him a new play toy vehicle.  The Baker Boys were there to collect the mill to refurbish it for the buyer.  ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Wilmar

Baker now provides free transportation from job site to job site because people were complaining about the mills being to heavy behind a pickup truck

Thank You Sponsors!