iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Saga Of Da 2 Legger

Started by Burlkraft, January 15, 2007, 11:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Me and Beenthere went up ta Minnesota last Wednesday ta see Gary_C and ta get a look at da 2 legged tree. We kinda came ta da conclusion that it was 2 growin' out of an old stump and dey grew together. Here;s a few pics......

Here's Beenthere at 2 am. looks kinda happy fer bein' that early..eh  ???   ???

After we got the keys otta da truck with 2 Stihl chain tools, a couple a chunks of branch and Gary's radio antenna we went fer da walk ta see da tree. I was kinda excited cuz it got that white buffalo calf feelin'.... ;D ;D ;D

Here's the base of da tree....Ya can kinda see da stump

Here's one side o' da 2 legger....

Here's da udder....

This is da middle......Ya can see da branch der on da right

And dis is da top....

I also picked up some maple burls and we had some lunch and then we headed back home....

It was a good day...'cept fer da keys....but we got them out.... :D :D :D

Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Burlkraft is wonderin how I managed to lock his truck like dat, with the keys inside......well, when a guy asks you to "smile, da boss said take lots a pictures", da mind just shuts down, I guess :)
It was a good day, and findin our way was a piece a cake with that dashboard lady tellin us every turn to make, and even some that we wouldn't make. Burlkraft liked his GPS/map gadget cause 'she' didn't talk back to him when he made snide remarks about her instructions  ;D

Gary_C was a good host, giving of his time and place to roam around. He has a lot of work left to do at this site, but he takes it in stride. Another fun member to know.
Here is a pic of the 'burl log deck' with Gary_C and Burlkraft shopping.

Here is one of the forwarder adding another 'log' to the load, before our trip home.

There are several others in my gallery showing the 'burl' deck and the forwarder of Gary_C picking and loading logs.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bill

Great pic's and very cool tree.

Those Sci Fi folks among us would look at that tree and say it'd walk itself right over to the mill iffen you asked it right.   :D

Thank You Sponsors!