iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I love my sawmill

Started by snowman, January 10, 2007, 09:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowman

This isn't a post about anything except I LOVE MY SAWMILL!Got it last summer and have been making lumber steadily. Every log is like opening a christmas present. My learning curves getting better, im cutting better lumber and learning little tricks. Im now a sawmill addict. My wife says " if you want snow, hes down at his sawmill". :)

ronwood

snowman,

What kind of mill do you have? I also enjoy sawmilling.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Hi-Country Orange

welcome to A.A.G. [addict's assistance group] Snowman, my name is Randy & also have a addiction  8)  8)

snowman

I have an MSG industries Spokane mini mill. I reasearched mills for over a year and this one seems as good as any,better than some.It also has a unique feature. A rotating power head, you can cut both directions and a bevel feature is built in.Deciding factor though was it's made 80 miles from my home, no 700 buck shipping charge like the Timber King I almost bought.

farmerdoug

Snowman,  I hear that roast spotted owl can help with the addiction for a couple of hours. :D :D :D

Welcome to the forum and may you be knee deep in sawdust always.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

jerry-m

Snowman, I sent for additonal info on these mills... I had never heard of them... Very interesting, I would like to hear from other owners/or anyone that has been around them as to their thoughts...

Thank for posting,   Jerry
Jerry

Raider Bill

Which mini mill model do you have? What was the cost?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

snowman

I have the basic no frills, push mill. It was right at 7 k i think.I'ts a mom n pop outfit, they have a shop in the spokane industrial area behind the airport. The owner has his hands on every mill, I like that.The welds look great, the paints powder coat, the bearings , cluth etc are all top of the line.I'm starting to sound like a commercial here, sorry. :D

WkndCutter

Snowman,

Welcome to the forum.  I looked at your model mill.  Looks good.  I like the rotating head.  What size engine does your Mill run?

Andy

snowman

I have the 13 hp Honda. Seems big enough to me but i'm mostly cutting small logs. Actually though I've been wondering lately in this frozen log time of year if a bigger motor wouldn't be nice. In a perfect world I'd do all my logging in winter and all my milling in summer. In a perfect world. :)

sgtmaconga

As a new mill owner i have to say i also look at each log as christmas. the more messed up it looks the more inpressed i am when i pull the last board.
Measure twice cut once

Gustavo

be wellcome snowman

many of us have this kind of adiction.

thanks to the forum for share very value informations.
here i have got good information  and  over all   good friends

Jason_WI

I looked at a MSG Mini Mill at the Green Bay loging congress back in 2000. Looked like a good mill. There was a review in Sawmill and Woodlot a while back on it. That owner had about 800 hours on his mill and he had to replace the ACME thread lead screw that raised and lowered the head already. How is yours holding up?

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

snowman

So far so good on the screw. Theres a sign by the screw that says, clean and oil daily.I havn't really done this as often as they say but your post makes me think theres a reason to do this, thanks for the info.

Thank You Sponsors!