iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats dis?

Started by Jeff, January 09, 2007, 10:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Want to win an honest to goodness Yooper Magazine?  Figure out what is going to go here. This board will be a perk for members and not available to those that are not registered or logged in.

First person to guess close wins an issue of Da Porcupine Press. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mr Mom

Is it the wood shed place??

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

jerry-m

An insperation board to encourage one to get up out of their chair and go get something constructive done ??? ??? ???

Well Thats What My Wife is alway saying ::)  Git er done
Jerry

Furby

jon12345

Must be somethin really special if ya gotta be registered AND logged in to view it here are my guesses  :)

1.  List of what everone had for dinner
2.  An online newsletter
3.  Everyone's lottery #'s for the day from a world renowned psychic
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Paschale

A grits support group?  And I mean of the 12-step variety.   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

JimBuis

That would be the Forestry Forum "Personals"! :o :D  To help help the handsome tree huggers meet the lovely tree huggers. 8) 8)  Okay....maybe not?
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Roxie

Could it be the long awaited FOOD section?   :D
Say when

woodmills1

from the name I am thinking horses.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SwampDonkey

Well ermm BOSS  ;D My wild and out of the blue guess  ::), since I see who's moderating it,  ;D is.....

candle_smiley      fire_smiley

Computers and Software Help[/size]

fly_smiley

Just waiting to get shot down on this.       sling_shot

pull_smiley    yikes_smiley yikes_smiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

BBTom

It could be the horse-logger section...  Or is it more like Get it U.P....  Things from the upper peninsula....  Or maybe it could be for the boys up north when stuck in the cabin too long..Giddy Yoopers.  

That must be it,  I just had to talk it out,  It must be the Yooper joke section!!!!
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Patty

A horselogger section would be way cool.   smiley_horserider   So would the food section.....but wait! Aren't all the sections food sections ?  :D  digin_2
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Radar67

The downunder do it all board?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Yer all off.  :D   I mean that you are not near what the topic will be.  THe "giddiup" was just a filler word that popped into my mind while setting up the board. It refers to nothing. The moderators chosen however, might give a clue.  :)

thurlow

Hmmmmmmmm..........so what do we know about Ianab?  44 yr old New Zealand male; eats marmots on toast.  Marmots.......large ground squirrels (food?????), may have carried the bubonic plague.  Yuk!!!!!!! :o
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Texas Ranger

Two guesses:

1.  Folks you make fun of,   or
2.  Tree monkey site 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Fla._Deadheader

I wuz thinkin a Langwidge interpretation board ??  Yooper is strange, and Chet can interpret. Kiwi, I have heard and do understand most of. Now, AUSSIE, them folks talk REAL strange. Then we got Swede, and Finns and Spanish and, and, and, lots of different langwidges
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Its lookin like I'm going to have to keep my porcupine press all to myself. :-\ ;) :D

OneWithWood

My first thought was Chet's diary - abridged  :D

But that left Ianab out.

Now I am thinking a fine woodworking or furniture making board.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Radar67

An information board on tree climbing and removal.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

sawguy21

Now there is a great idea.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I said you only had to be close!  Onewithwood is pretty durn close!  We have had requests before over the years and many recent requests and have considered this a few times but decided not to do it for various reasons, but lately the related topics seem to be part of many of the different boards so we thought it time we dedicate the space to our members specifically for this topic.  We don't have any plans on it being a full blown wood working site with a bunch of different boards, but lets see how it goes.

The are will be called General Woodworking.  :)   Many of our old members take pleasure in this pastime, hobby or sometimes business and as it seems, many of our newer members. Heck, two thirds of our admins are active woodworkers and the rest of us wannabes or the closet type. :D

Anyhow, we decided to give it a go and hope that you find the board beneficial. As I mentioned before, this will not be a public board, it will be only for registered Forestry Forum members. :)

ONEWITHWOOD! SHOOT ME YOUR ADDRESS PLEASE! ;D :)

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff B on January 10, 2007, 11:44:00 AM
Heck, two thirds of our admins are active woodworkers and the rest of us wannabes or the closet type. :D

Well Jeff, don't ya think it's about time to stop stumbling around in a dark closet?  ;D

Congrats OneWithWood, couldn't have happened to a nicer fella. Ok, before someone gets upset  ::) there are lots of good fellas on here. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Cool! Although I'm not sure I'm ready to come out of the closet just yet. :D

Thanks Jeff. :)

Thank You Sponsors!