iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truck Saw Husq 460 vs Stihl 310 or Husq 455 vs Stihl 290

Started by 333_okh, January 06, 2007, 12:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

333_okh

I need another saw that will stay in the truck with me.  It will only be used to buck logs from the roads and slab figured woods from stumps and logs.  Occassionally it might find itself falling a tree <36 inches diamter.  I have to leave my Husq 590 at the proccessing site.

Which saw would you run and why ?????

tdelorme

Since there is not a "bad" saw in your list, and it will only be used every now and then, why not buy the one that you can get the best price on?

333_okh

333_okh

Does Dolmar make a saw I should be considering? I do not think we have a repair facility here except the Bailey's in Laytonville.

SawTroll

Quote from: 333_okh on January 06, 2007, 12:56:07 AM...
I have to leave my Husq 590 at the proccessing site. ...

Never heard of a Husky 590..........
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: 333_okh on January 06, 2007, 12:56:07 AM
I need another saw that will stay in the truck with me.  It will only be used to buck logs from the roads and slab figured woods from stumps and logs.  Occassionally it might find itself falling a tree <36 inches diamter.  I have to leave my Husq 590 at the proccessing site.

Which saw would you run and why ?????

None of the saws you listed is really suited for that size wood, but choosing from pest and colera, I would take the MS390......
Information collector.

333_okh

jokers

Quote from: SawTroll on January 06, 2007, 05:19:39 PM
None of the saws you listed is really suited for that size wood, but choosing from pest and colera, I would take the MS390......

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

333_okh

Well I bought a little 455 for the truck....new truck....new saw for the box.  Hell it runs and cuts better than I expected for such a little saw.  It has already cut three loads of firewood.

I will be cutting some burl wood today on maple and oak, we'll have to see how it handles that wood.

tcsmpsi

Glad to hear you like your 455.  I have one and like it, too.   

It's about the only saw I've seen in this forum vilified more than a Poulan Pro.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Ron Scott

~Ron

jokers

Quote from: tcsmpsi on January 15, 2007, 12:07:12 PM
It's about the only saw I've seen in this forum vilified more than a Poulan Pro.   :D
I wouldn`t sweat it.  ;)

tcsmpsi

Quote from: jokers on January 16, 2007, 11:30:36 AM
Quote from: tcsmpsi on January 15, 2007, 12:07:12 PM
I wouldn`t sweat it.  ;)

Quite the contrary.   :D

I've worked enough saws under enough conditions over the last few decades to know what works and what doesn't.

Though, admittedly, the Husky's I worked on most  way back when ultimately had wheels attached to the chains.   :D

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!