iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

22y/o paralyzed by a tree limb DEC06

Started by PB Logging, January 05, 2007, 10:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB Logging

I'm unsure of the forums ettiquette on posting such a matter or to post it to multiple subjects but it is my intention to do both. 

I wish to share a story that was shared with me earlier today.  I was told about this event on a job site, today, by a line men who responded to repair a residential electrical service drop that was damaged by a tree removal crew that I am responsible for.  This event took place during the first week of December 2006.  While I wish that this was not true I have every reason to believe that it is.  The event took place 14 blocks from where we worked today in a small town of 7,000 people in central IL. 

On 30NOV/01DEC central Illinois was hit by an ice storm that interupted electical service to ~ 500,000 customers and damaged millions of trees.  It was approximately two weeks before full electical service was returned.

The story is a rather simple but tragic one. 

There were tree limbs on the roof of this single story home.  The son was told to help clean up and put the tree limbs out by the road for future clean up.  While dragging brush on the roof a "hanger" was dislodged (butt diameter ~2" - smaller than a soda can).  The butt of the dislodged tree limb struck this healthy young guy in the back of the head/neck.

He is now a quadrapalegic.

Two days later his father was dead...

Make it a safe day!

Snag

PB Logging

Patty

That is so sad.....And so unnecessary on the father's part. Our neighbor had a bad accident awhile back where the 15 year old son was badly hurt while doing some work for his dad. The son is now a quadriplegic on a ventilator. He is also now a law student at UCLA after graduating from high school and college. The young man has gone skiing, toured Europe, toured Australia, gone ski diving, etc. He is a fine example of how life does go on, and can be lived very fully, even though tragedy strikes. He is one of my heroes.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

semologger

i know i already posted this link but i think it fits with the topic.

http://www.ruralmissouri.org/06pages/06Julylogger.html

i am a incomplete quad doc said i would be a complete my level c4 c5 and c6  and i dont know what i would of done without my family.

Thank You Sponsors!