iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging special on History channel NOW!

Started by brdmkr, January 03, 2007, 10:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

Just thought I'd post in case anyone wanted to take a look.  Seems pretty good.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Blue Duck

I TIVOed that from a couple weeks ago.  It was extremely interesting to see the new harvesters and cut-to-length technology.  That may be popular in the NW but Idon't know anyone who cuts that way in the south.  It's all feller bunchers and grapple skidders and knuckleboom loaders in my part of the world.  I really enjoyed the part about old logging techniques where the gentleman referred to them as "geniuses with calloused hands".  Ive felt like that a few times when one of my riggings has actually worked. 
I don't know what your ambitions are in life..
but you ain't gonna get them done drinkin decafe coffee

snowman

I hate this new logging stuff! It sounds like a factory now. Men are in air conditioned heated machines.These new loggers rarely if ever touch a chainsaw.The only weather they endure is between their pickup and their machine.Heck, its not even dangerous anymore.REAL loggers are soaked in sweat or rain or snow or whatever at the end of the day. REAL loggers ate dust billowing out in front of their skidders and came home looking like amos and andy.REAL loggers have knees and thighs with zippers all over them.REAL loggers are on a 1st name basis with the ER nurse. REAL loggers wear cork boots, not tennis shoes. Anyways, enough of that rant, i spose a guy older than me thinks real loggers used crosscuts and axes, times change. :)

leweee

Well said snowman. ;D
Times they are a changing. ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Blue Duck

Quote from: snowman on January 06, 2007, 09:09:04 AM
I hate this new logging stuff! It sounds like a factory now. Men are in air conditioned heated machines.These new loggers rarely if ever touch a chainsaw.The only weather they endure is between their pickup and their machine.Heck, its not even dangerous anymore.REAL loggers are soaked in sweat or rain or snow or whatever at the end of the day. REAL loggers ate dust billowing out in front of their skidders and came home looking like amos and andy.REAL loggers have knees and thighs with zippers all over them.REAL loggers are on a 1st name basis with the ER nurse. REAL loggers wear cork boots, not tennis shoes. Anyways, enough of that rant, i spose a guy older than me thinks real loggers used crosscuts and axes, times change. :)

::) :D ::)
Can you here the collective eye rolling?
I get creacked up when I here the old timers say "real bull riders don't need them safety vest" and I think "yeah" just like them "real racers didn't need role cages".  Theres just no since in doing it the old fashion way if the newer technology is better all the way around.

sawguy21

I liked the part about real loggers are on a 1st name basis with the ER nurse.  :D :D The modern logger is generally a lot safer than the guys before him and that is a good thing but it is still no picnic. I have watched crews on steep slopes set chokers under a helicopter, they can have that job.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

snowman

NO offense to the "eye rollers" my post was tounge in cheek. If i hadn't spent my life as a "real logger"my knees wouldn't ache, my back wouldn't be bowed, my hands wouldnt have carpel tunnel etc etc etc. So sit in those air coditioned heated machines listening to rap music, mow down those trees like a big lawn and enjoylife  ;D

Blue Duck

:D  None taken but I wish I had an AC unit in my tractor or my old truck. 

Thank You Sponsors!