iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

??? 4 Computer wizards . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, January 02, 2007, 01:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

My Toshiba laptop crashed Friday, I don't think it had anything to do with me dropping it.  ::) So the tech just called (got his voicemail haven't called back yet) and said he ordered me one under warranty.
While we were there Fri I had inquired to the guy who checks you in about getting more RAM. So on the voicemail the tech also asked if I wanted another 512 of memory for $110 to add to the existing 512.
My two questions are -
1) will this help speed up surfing/downloads etc (yes I know it cannot increase connection speed I am getting I know there are plenty of variaables but all things being equal) considerably/moderatley/somewhat??
2) $110 sounds like a good price to me  ???

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Tom

Load it to the hilt, Kevjay.

A laptop doesn't spend it's whole life tied to one wall outlet.  :D

When you win the lotto, you might take it to the Hilton in Hawaii with you and they probably have a real fast connection. :D

TexasTimbers

I'm posed to have a fast connection, and did at first but it ain't no more. My buddy (who provides my service)  says it's due to kids downlaoding songs and videos illegally from many many sites simulataneously and is eating up the bandwidth. I know that early morn and late at night I can usually get faster speeds.
Okay just called the tech. My machine will only take a total of one gig so that's what it's getting.
Domo.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

srjones

Yes, the new memory will help things.  Especially if you've got a lot of things going at the same time.  I can't comment on the price without knowing more specifics.

Also, it will make things much easier if you plan to upgrade to Vista this year. 

-srj
Everyone has hobbies...I hope to live in mine someday.

Thank You Sponsors!