iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

National champs

Started by blaze83, January 01, 2007, 04:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze83

Hi all,

just wondering what you all think is going to happen next monday since there seems to be a lot of members from both Ohio and Florida,

my 2 Cents is Ohio State 31  Florida 27
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

ellmoe

Class of "79", and short-term "practice dummy"! :D

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Ron Wenrich

I'll have to throw my hat in with Ohio State.  They're Big 10, just like Penn State.

By the way - Penn State 20 Tennessee 10   8)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

beenthere

We'll see how Michigan does against USC. 

WI beat AR today, but it was pretty even game.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

I'm not that much of a sports buff, and I ain't well enough informed to vote.  I do have my favorite teams, though.

#1 favorite: Florida State

#2 favorite: Whoever is playing the Gators.

;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dan_Shade

I was glad to see my alma mater, WVU, beat up on Georgia Tech!  (if you want to call it "beat up") :)

the michigan game was a big surprise!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DanG

Talk about yer surprises.  I just switched to a game where Boise State is leading Oklahoma in the 4th qtr! :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

beenthere

Yeah DanG, and whata game that ended up to be. Hard to describe all that happened in the last two minutes and then a whirlwind overtime. Wow!!

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

I saw dat! 8) 8)  I actually got off the ForestryForum to watch it. :o  My heart sank when Ok. went ahead by 7 with under 2 minutes to go. Them Idaho dudes didn't give up, though!  They really deserve all the respect they're gonna get outta this. :) :)

Cedarman

I turned it off at the end of regulation because I knew Oklahoma was going to win. I had to get up early to get the mill started and check out the forum.  Saw the replay this morning.  Wow.  Like the half swallowed frog with his hands around the throat of the bird to keep from being swallowed the rest of the way.  "Never give up, Never give up."
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

TexasTimbers

You can't have a "National Champion" with the BCS system. You can call a dog a cat but it ain't gonna make the cat growl or dog meow. Don't get me started.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Qweaver

What a game Boise State played.  I think it was the best game that I've ever watched from a pure intertainment point of view.  So now what happens if Florida beats Ohio?  Boise would be the only undefeated team and they just beat one of the best teams in the nation.  How can they not be considered the best team in the nation?  If they had never played a top 10 team then I could accept that they have not earned the BCS title...but they did.  This is going to make the whole BCS process a joke.  Are almost all of the top 10 teams better than Boise State?  Sure they are on paper.  But that's why we play the games on the field...not in a computer.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

TexasTimbers

You sure can have fun with the BS BCS system can't you. I think it is modeled after our federal governemt. Wholly ineffective at achieving it's stated purpose, unable to accomodate for "glitches" in the system, and unable to admit that it needs to be completely replaced with unbiased representitives whose loyalty should be awarding the best teams their deserved places in the hierachy of the "college playoffs" which don't even exist.

Nah, I take that back. The BS BCS ain't quite as bad as our central government.

Boise State. What a story. I detect a hollywood capitalization of this. They can't write a better fictional story than what happened.

Those that saw the game will know what i mean: Did you actually yell out loud .... "The ball is on his butt!! It's on his butt!!!!"  :D :D :D

Ron Wenrich

Its all about the bucks.  That's why Boise State can't be #1.  They don't play the caliber of schedule as most other conferences.  And to get to any ranking someone votes for you.  That means that everyone in their conference will vote their top dog #1.  Boise State doesn't have enough voting power.

What I would like to see is a true playoff system.  The winners of 8 conferences square off.  No Notre Dame sitting on the sidelines.  Join a conference to participate.  A runner up like Oklahoma a few years back has no reason to compete for #1.

Its a single elimination tourney.  The #1 and #2 teams would add 3 games to their season instead of 1.  You can do it within the current bowl system.

The only drawback is ticket sales.  But, after seeing how empty some of those stadiums have been, I don't think it would matter. 

But, a playoff makes too much sense.   >:(
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

TexasTimbers

That's right it is all about the money. The bowls bring in millions3 so the major colleges that dominate the bowls more often than not would lose all that easy money they think. They may be right. I still think their ought to be playoffs. May thge best team win.

I've never pulled for Fla before but I am now temporarily their biggest fan. Beat the Buckeyes!!!!

pigman

I turned on the TV expecting to see some good bowl turning classes and all I see is football games. :o ;D   The only surprise to me is that U of K went to a bowl game and won. I know it was only a minor bowl, but to U of K any bowl is major.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Cedarman

If they ever replay the Boise  Ok  game, its one I want to see the whole thing.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Tom

It won't make any difference, Cedarman.  It always comes out the same way every time. 

I've been watching Red Badge of Courage for years and it still keeps coming out the same way. :-\ :)

TexasTimbers

You're right Tom. That's why I gave up on Old Yeller when I ewas a kid. DanG dog never would come back to life and I got tired of crying everytime.

DWM II

KJ I thought you werent gonna get started :D. I agree the BCS sucks, buuuuut, Geaux Tigers. Gonna try to whomp Notre Dame tomorrow night!!!
Stewardship Counts!

SAW MILLER

There's only one honest sport left in America...........professional wrastlin :D :D :D
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

blaze83

yaaahooooo we finally made it to the big game  go buckeye's 8) 8) 8)
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

TexasTimbers

Boise State is the REAL National Champs so this game is for 2nd place. Runner up.  ;D

GO GATORS!!!![/size][/b]

Paschale

My uncle called my dad up yesterday, and was tooting his own horn, which he likes to do from time to time.   horn_smiley

He's a high school football coach in Sarasota, FL, and he has two former players on the Gator team.  Told us to keep an eye out for 'em.  I guess that means I'm rooting for Florida, even though I'm a Big Ten man.

Apparently, he's had 22 of his kids make it to the NFL, and he's one of the top five high school coaches to feed the NFL.  Kinda cool!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

beenthere

Quote from: kevjay on January 08, 2007, 07:36:32 PM
Boise State is the REAL National Champs so this game is for 2nd place. Runner up.  ;D

Maybe coulda said that if Ohio State and Boise State played in the game of the undefeated. Money got in the way of finding that out, however.  :)
south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!