iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer electrical problem

Started by jimtaralli, July 08, 2017, 01:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimtaralli

I was milling this morning and finished a log shut the mill off and went for another log. I put the new log on and went to start the mill and nothing. One click of the starter and then nothing. checked the battery, fuses, circuit breakers all good. when I turn on the key there are no lights on the front panel.
Any ideas where to start?
I have 13V at the ignition switch until I turn it on and the voltage drops to 0

red

What year and model ? Do you have the maintenance manual ?  Test light etc
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WV Sawmiller

Without knowing the mill type I have to ask are there any safety switches that might be preventing you from starting the mill? Any loose grounds?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

MartyParsons

Hello.
Start with battery and move checking fuse block
Breaker under the ignition switch . Ground is
As important as +.
If you have no lights on the control panel it is a ground or fuse
If I knew which engine I may be able to get
better.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

jimtaralli

LT40SHD with the Yanmar 4 cylinder diesel. There is a solenoid that takes the power from the battery and redistributes it to the circuit breakers that does not seem to be pulling in. My schematic calls it as L6 , Stancor, solenoid kit, 200A 12v SPST. How can I test that?

drobertson

I might check the starter, solenoid, area, if power is showing,  no I would go to the starter, have a test light volt meter handy, and get another pair of hands to help, It could be as simple as a bad switch too,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Percy

Quote from: jimtaralli on July 08, 2017, 03:35:11 PM
LT40SHD with the Yanmar 4 cylinder diesel. There is a solenoid that takes the power from the battery and redistributes it to the circuit breakers that does not seem to be pulling in. My schematic calls it as L6 , Stancor, solenoid kit, 200A 12v SPST. How can I test that?
Im no Marty Parsons but your symptoms sound to me likes problem I had with my lt70 a few years back. In my opinion, you are on the right track. When that solonoid failed on
My mill,I simply put both large cable ends in the same post ant the mill worked fine. Think it's still
Like that 🤓
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

jimtaralli

Thank you for the tip I am going to try that tomorrow first thing

MartyParsons

Hello,
The solenoid may be the issue. If you put all wires on one big post it will work but the battery will go dead and the control panel
will stay on until you either in hook the battery terminals or remove the wires.
Marty

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!