iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lathe Died......Any Suggestions?????

Started by Burlkraft, December 30, 2006, 08:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

My 2436 OneWay just stopped yesterday turnin' a hunk of boxelder. The computer has an error code on it.

I know this is a long shot.....but.....does anybody have a list of OneWay computer error codes????

Other wise I'm gonna hafta try to get one of our good Canadian friends at OneWay on the phone.... :( :( :( :(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

scsmith42

Steve, that's just God getting even with you for outbidding me and stealing my wife's Christmas present on that last auction..... :D   :D   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

TexasTimbers

He's probably on the phone Scott trying to get the Oneway Tech to repair it with positive karma, tele-kinesis enrgy, good vibrations or anything else he can think of. A turner without a working lathe is a dangerous beast  >:(
Be careful not to antagonize him too much.   ;) :D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

DanG

ERROR CODE?! ??? ???  Heck, I was just thinkin' about upgradin' to a electric motor. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Daren

This may be stupid advice, cause I am not familiar with your lathe. But did you try to unplug it for awhile, it may reset itself.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

metalspinner

kevjay,

Just how big of a chunk of box elder did you send him that he broke his lathe? :o :o :D

Burlkraft,

Is there a fuse somewhere that could have popped?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Burlkraft

All is well in Lathe Land...... ;D

I tried everything I could think of and got mad and just shut the shop down and watched bowl games.....Went down in the morning.....plugged it in and the error code was gone....'Ol Whitey fired right up..... ;D ;D ;D

DanG Gremlins.........

turningfool

Den Socling

As you discovered and Daren had suggested, everything with a microprocessor can need a reset once in a while. Everything from lathes to microwaves! Pull the plug or disconnect the battery.

SwampDonkey

I'm with Dang, a new motor upgrade and a lever to adjust the throat of the drive wheel to control RPM. ;D

Oh, ok ya reset the computer. Is it running windows? :D :D :D Couldn't resist.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TexasTimbers

Good on ya Daren, you had it figured out!  smiley_thumbsup

Steve was whirring sound we heard all night last night your lathe running and making shavings?  ;D

Burlkraft

Naw...That was me chuggin' a bottle of champagne......... :D :D :D

The sound you hear today will be the lathe... ;D ;D ;D

TexasTimbers

;D

We hit the sauce pretty hard ourselves last night. The Diet Vanilla Pepsi that is.  :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: kevjay on January 01, 2007, 09:39:19 AM
We hit the sauce pretty hard ourselves last night. The Diet Vanilla Pepsi that is.  :D

My poor stomach, just thinking about that stuff.  Some fella's have cast iron stomachs ;D :D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TexasTimbers

Yeah I know. But I kicked all of my other addictions over the years. Except this wood thing.  ::)

Water is my favorite beverage but that diet Dr. Pepper and diet Vanilla Pepsi is soooooooo good to my taste buds, even though I know it is leaching the calcium out of my bones it is hard to quit!  :o

Now these caramel truffle flavored coffee beans I am about to grind up for my second pot of coffee this a.m. . . . . . .  that stuff ain't too bad either.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!