iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

inserted tooth saws

Started by crosscut, February 04, 2003, 10:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

When I used chrome, I would use a grinder to knock off the chrome on the first grinding.  After that, you can use a file, but it is very tough on the file.  You can also use a diamond file, which will last a long time.

I used to use IKS chrome, but they are no longer thanks to the Simonds monopoly on teeth. Their chrome wasn't as thick and was easier to sharpen and swage.  But, a damaged tooth is much harder to repair.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

mometal77

Well the mill I bought I took my dad with me ripped out the last of the electrical boxes he told me the commercial boxes alone where worth 3000.  There are other electrical boxes if anyone wants me to take pictures and send them.  I then fired up the torch took all the risers or end stands I don't know what they are called they where welded with plate on Big channel.  With five gallon jug of water to prevent fire I started looking at the lower story and come to find out a few other items that had dropped under everything extra parts hehe..  I started looking through there makeshift garbage can finding other parts new gears ect I don't know why they threw them away and found at the bottom of the stairs I dropped to my knees and started looking for electrical parts they just threw.  I found another big blade.  Loaded up all the rollers and heavy on the back for a small bronco made it down the road to a sawyer jack.  My dad has never meet the gentlman I told of this and that with the mill and I squeezed a little more info out of him showed him the blade I found he said it needed to be given to a machinist to be heated and hit flat.  He told me that it is a big bottom edger blade now I have two.  He looked over the parts I found the ex employees threw and come to find out he quoted me now that looks like some serious money in parts good score.  He invited me to saw up some logs tomorrow Thursday 7th.  So I will take some more picks and pick his brain a little more. Will bring some gloves.  I also found out all the good lumber under the mill and cut up is all old growth that's all it ever cut he said he is friends with the owner I had no idea.  And the owner told me I could take everything except the caterpillar generator that powered the sawmill.   After I paid him I left his house went back to him and got a bill of sale what stays and what goes.  So I need to go and get more lumber to build a nice shed for the sawmill.
Jack also said stellite teeth last longer I will have to experiment I guess. 
Bobby
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

DouginUtah

HEY, JEFF. HOW'S YOUR HEARING NOW?

-DOUG  ;D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Jeff

NOT GOOD!

outer ear infection antibiotics did not stop the "otitis externa" it progressed to become "otitis media".  The infection weakend my right eardrum to the point that it burst earlier in the week. I cant here much at all out of the right ear and the left is very inflamed and full of fluid.  I found out exactly how much hearing I have lost at this point this morning. (please excuse the example, but it is telling)  I was standing taking a leak in the bathroom, and I can't hear it hit the water. :-\ (And yes, I was hitting the target.) :D

I have big troubles if I dont regain some hearing as this gets better. THey have me on a big time antibiotic that has all kinds of restrictions including no sun, not milk, not vitamins, all kinds of crazy stuff. Big one is NO SUN EXPOSURE. :'(
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodhaven

Don't sound good Jeff. Good Luck.
Richard

DanG

Jeepers, Boss!! :o  You do whatever you have to, to preserve your hearing!  I'd be getting a second opinion on them Anti-B's!  Sounds to me like they're using the wrong one!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Don P

Ditto on the second opinion!!!!!!!
M had a doctor in WI give her a scrip for some anny-b's that had the sun restriction. The cure was worse than the illness!
Boric acid shaken up with the alchohol is what we always used growing up for swimmers ear.
They do grow back pretty much as good as new after a drum pops, only the doctor can tell the diff.
Sounds like you ought to use visual rules for awhile :D

Jeff

THey just started the new anitbiotic with restrictions, on, oh heck, I took the DanG pill 3 times so far. 3 says ago.  I'm not worse yet. :D

karl

DanG it JB,
Didja break a mirror or have a black cat cross your path?
Been a rough year ain't it?

I said" BEEN A ROUGH....."
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Jeff

Thats a funny one there Karl... :D

doublecut

Well that's it enough of this getting sick business .It is time to get better and that is a order or you will have to come up here fishing and get some
R & R !!!!!!!!!!!!!
doublecut

Paul_H

I agree Lindsay.It's time he made a Western tour.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Minnesota_boy

JeffB,
When you do the western tour you'll have to stop by.  I'm right on the short route to BC.  According to Google Maps, it's only 765 miles from your place to mine, an easy day's drive in the Forestry Forum truck, I'm sure.  ;D  ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

D._Frederick

Jeff,

Why did you wait so long to start getting medical aid for your ears? I have had like problems with my ear canals since the sixties from water skiing in polluted water.

What Harold said about using Alcohol works well as does hydrogen peroxide at a 50% strength.  Take your medicine and stay out of the sun, it's beats getting a worse problem.

HOPE THAT YOU ARE BETTER!

Fla._Deadheader

HEY, "D" and I have finally agreed on something.  8) 8) 8) :D :D :D 8) 8) :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

I didn't wait! I was at urgent care the day after they started bothering me. They already had me on antibiotic drops before the real pain set in and way before Harold suggested using alcohol. They told me don't put ANYTHING in my ears other then the drops and not to try to clean them and let the antibiotic work. I did for three or four days and then the hearing started to go. I called them IMMEDIATELY and they said it was simple congestion, to go get some clariton "D" and take that. that was on the forth. I called my Dr the very next day as soon as he was in, he got me in the next day, and saw that things had escalated. I have taken the new antibiotic since then with no improvement as yet, I am now to see a ears nose and throat guy Friday morning.

D._Frederick

Jeff,

Sorry to hear more about your ear problem. When you go to your ear, nose, throat doc., make sure that he takes sample of the ear canal for cultures. In my case, I have had mold, fungus, and bacteria growing in my ear canal, each requiring a special treatment.

If you got a full blown infection going in the canal, the alcohol does not work that well. It works best if you know that you got water in the canals and put a few drops of alochol in right away and not let an infection get started.

I hope that you get on top of this problem soon enough that you don't loose your hearing.

Thank You Sponsors!