iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 460

Started by tdelorme, December 18, 2006, 10:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdelorme

Any feedback good or bad on the Husky 460 with a 20" bar?  Thanks

Simonian

I think the 455 will cut just as fast with a 20 inch bar.
How hard are you going to use this saw?
It is all plastic but this is not bad. There were other Hus saws that were all plastic and they have been in service for over 10 years. If you keep the chain sharp and use the best 2 cycle oil, you should get many years out of this saw.
When is a chain dull, 2 tanks of gas or less.
good oil Hus XP
Bad oil almost all the others.

floorboy

I would have to ask what you plan on using the saw for. The 460 in my opinion is not siutable for heavy use. the 455 we run has not impressed me at all. I really like my 353.

Simonian

The 353 is a smoother running saw. I have not really had the chance to run the 455 But it puts out a bit more power than the 353 but also 2 pounds heavier.
Did it not cut as fast or just harder to handle?
How long will it last? Time will tell

sawguy21

We have not yet seen the 460 and have little feedback on the 455 so the jury is still out. I have a 353 which does everything I need to do.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawTroll

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 18, 2006, 11:43:36 PM
We have not yet seen the 460 and have little feedback on the 455 so the jury is still out. I have a 353 which does everything I need to do.

The power to weight issue alone is enough to delete the 455/460 from the list of options...... :( >:(
Information collector.

Simonian

But what about the dollar to HP ratio. You get more HP per dollar with these two saws than any other.
That is a home owner going to use on his one acre wooded lot? A craftsman saw?
There are many more of these customers than there are of us type.

Thank You Sponsors!