iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer guide rollers

Started by isawlogs, December 16, 2006, 07:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Can anybody tell me if the guide rollers for the 1 1/2 inche blades are the same ones used on the 1 1/4 inche blades .  ??? ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

farmerdoug

I was told no.

When I had Woodmizer checkout my mill this summer I had them switch the mill from 1 1/2 to 1 1/4.  I was told that the guide rollers needed to be changed too.  I assume that Woodmizer knows what is correct. ;)

Farmerdoug :)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

isawlogs

I would venture to the mizer site and look it up , might find something , but I am on an internet connection that is sslloooowww , so I aint going to try .
The reason for this info is I have a friend here that is changing his rollers on his mill ... he has an Enercraft mill ,  he cant get rollers for his mill , so he wants to change to the woodmizer rollers and asked me if I knew if there was two different size rollers for the mills ....  ??? ??? ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

farmerdoug

Yes,  there is different sizes.  What size blade is he using?

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

Isawlogs,

I know that they have different sizes so you may need to IM MartyParsons and ask for his help.  I am sure he can set you straight and even IM Sparks also.  The Woodmizer web site only lists a 1 1/4 roller for my mill but when I bought my mill it had a 1 1/2 roller and tech said it needed to be changed.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Fargo, MI

gmmills

The  WM part number for 1 1/2" roller is  014299. The 1 1/4" roller number is A04925. These part numbers are for roller assemblies that include felt washer seals.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

ShowMeSawyer

Isawlogs, have your friend contact Baker Products for the guide rollers for his Enercraft mill. A few years ago Baker Products bought out Enercraft and should have the blade guide rollers.

I own a Baker 18M and it/was based on the Enercraft design.

SMS

MartyParsons

Yes there are two size rollers available as gmmills said. If you have the guides below the rollers you can use the 1 1/4 rollers and run the 1 1/2 blade.
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

FiremanEd

Keep running the  1 1/4 rollers till they wear out and then replace them w/ the 1 1/2 ones. You won't notice a big difference.
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

DWM II

I've got 1 1/4 guides and I run both type blades. Stands to reson that you shouldnt run 1 1/4 blades on 1 /12 guides, I think you would nock the set out of the blade as the tooth would be as well would be running on the guide as well.

Donnie
Stewardship Counts!

Thank You Sponsors!