iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where do I find buyers for furniture squares?

Started by CLL, December 14, 2006, 10:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLL

Years ago I sold furniture squares to a place by West Plains, mo. Now out of business. I loved do that as I could get almost all my wood for free. Anyone have any idea's.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Jeff

What's a furniture square? I'm not familiar with that term.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Brian_Rhoad

I think furniture squares are wood that is 1"-3" square and up to 6' long. I have a friend that cuts over 5,000,000 BF/year. Nothing is over 6' long and 3" square. They saw the logs in 6' lengths. They dry the squares and then cut out all the defects. They can use pieces less than 10" long. They finger joint short pieces and glue them together and make spindles and stair parts.

Mooseherder

Quote from: Jeff B on December 14, 2006, 11:26:15 PM
What's a furniture square?

A. It comes outta something that starts off ROUND. :D
B. Similiar to Date Squares, only more dense and hard. ;D
C. Hurts if you drop it on your toes eh? :-[
D. Allows Carpenter to use the Furniture as a reference to square up a framed room.

CLL

Yes thats what they are is Squares cut for turning, also known as blanks. We used to cut them out of sycamore 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 either 27 or 54 inches. They were used to make coffee table or dining table legs.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Bibbyman

You may have some luck finding someone that is using furniture squares by checking with the Missouri Forest Products Association.

Link ---> Missouri Forest Products Association
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

leweee

Asia.......but you have to sell them by the container load. ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

footer

Thank You Sponsors!