iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picked up my Log Arches

Started by Peakebrook, December 12, 2006, 03:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peakebrook

I had the opportunity to pick up my Tractor Arch 36 and Forwarding Arch from Logrite today.  As most of you know, Logrite is now producing the Future Forestry line of equipment.  I was truly impressed with the quality of the construction of these arches.  Great design and great fabrication.  I can't wait to try they on some logs tomorrow.

By the way, Kevin and Tami are great people!  This was the first time I have bought directly from Logrite (cant hooks were purchased through Wood-mizer), and they could not be more helpful.

While I was there, I picked up "Christmas special" Mill Special cant hook in red.  Maybe it will become a future collectors piece. :)

If anyone has contemplated buying the Hugo Arch model, you may want to call Tami soon.  They have one original unit left, and they may not produce anymore of this model.

I will let everyone know how they work.     
WM LT40SH with Cat 51, JD 210, JD 280, JD 450G, Cat 311

Tom

Those are "Tom T-shirt Red" cant hooks.   I've got one.  ;D

I wonder how many of them are out there.
You might have #2.  :D

The story "Thad".

Peakebrook

Kevin made up just 25- 30 inch Mill Specials in red.  These are ones with a baseball bat-like end and no rubber on the handle.  Real handy when flipping a small cant on the mill!

beenthere

Peakerbrook
Tom's is red, but if that cant hook he is shoulderin is 24", oh'l Tom has shrunk a bit.  ::)
Had a call from Tami this am and mine is close to bein on the way. Figure I better have somethin to turn logs on Burlkrafts mill when I visit.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Oh...So that's why you ain't been showin' up for work....No hook.... :D :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ironwood

That is an interesting development. Sooo what color would the new Future Forestry line now be? Where are the pictures? Where will they be produced? East? West? this would greatly effect shipping costs.

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Jeff

They will be built in the East. And the very first LogRite Blue Junior arch will be given away right here on the Forestry Forum! Contest starting MAYBE TOMORROW!  But you didnt hear  ;)that here or from me yet...

Reid, shipping should really be cut down for you, heck., almost close enought to go pick one up.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ironwood

Jeff,

That's great. I met the former owner in the Shootout in /Ohio several years ago, great guy and GREAT PRODUCTS. That said, I have a mig/ plasma cutter and fabricated a few of my own after borrowing a friend's Tractor Arch. I incorporated a few modifications that are specific to my use. I will post some pics in time.  Good for Logrite, what a great product line.

This is the small one, note the skidsteer tires on old Wheel Horse rims. These tire are nearly indestructable. It is looking a little prettier these day as this photo was before a coat of paint The BIG one is slighty bigger that the Tractor Arch and has a removeable front swivelling wheel to winch logs out of yards (the wheel is mounted via the standard hitch channel).

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

solodan

Reid, I was wondering the same things. I am glad I ordered my arches when they were being made out here, I'm sure shipping would not be cheap on one of the big arches. ??? I sure hope they continue to make them in Forest Service green, :) it is a color that is all too familiar out in these parts. An interesting thing I learned about that color, was that it is the easiest color to see in the event of a forest fire. That explains why Forest Service fire trucks and propane tanks in the woods are often this color.

Peakebrook, you mentioned you have a Tractor Arch and a Forwarding Arch. ??? Not sure if you meant a Fetching Arch, is the Forwarding Arch a new model? and do you know if they have plans for any new models? or any changes?  I have a Fetching arch with a ring, a two man handle and a tow tongue, and a JR arch with an extension. At first I kind of laughed at the JR, but it is a very versatile tool. It makes it very easy to move 16" 16 footers around the mill or in the woods.

Here's the Rhino with the Fetching Arch effortlessly  pullin a 20" white fir.  8) I Think you're gonna like them things. :)

Peakebrook

Your right, it is Fetching Arch.  But than again, with a change in location, maybe a change to Forwarding Arch is appropriate. :D

The arches I picked up are in the Forest Service green.  Sorry, being an easterner, a change in color would be a plus.  I believe they will be Logrite blue in the future.

I don't think any changes are planned currently.  I am not sure the current design could be improved much.  Maybe Kevin or Tami could comment more.

Dean

solodan

And I'm sure that Tractor arch will be real handy edition to all them tractors you got?
No matter what color it is :D

sprucebunny

Quote from: Jeff B on December 12, 2006, 08:32:50 PM
They will be built in the East. And the very first LogRite Blue Junior arch will be given away right here on the Forestry Forum! Contest starting MAYBE TOMORROW!   :)

HEY !! I thought I had the first Logrite blue JR arch ;D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Joan yours seems to have a misplaced comma and a missing LogRite.  We will be giving away a LogRite, LogRite blue arch what you have is a LogRite Blue, arch. :)

sprucebunny

;D

I'm glad you cleared that up, Jeff :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tam-i-am

I guess I have to post.

It was great to meet Peakebrook.  He was the first to buy LogRite arches in Conn.  His are green because they were the inventory that we bought when we bought FFP.  Any arches that we make will be made in pink oops I mean blue.  As a matter of fact we are donating the very first blue arch we make to the Forum.  We appreciate all the advice and support the FF members have given us and think it would be great for a member to have it.

As for the Christmas special, there are only 21 left and they are all 30" mill specials.

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

ely

tammy, could you or someone direct me to the christmas special that you mentioned. i can not seem to find it. thanks greg

Jeff

Rather then just give the link, I'll tell you how to find it so you can keep an eye on the sponsors boards from now on. Mike P has a Christmas promo going on as well for RustReaper.

When you are on the forum page that lists the different forums, slide down until you reach the section called -  Sponsor News.  You can't miss it right now because there is a twinknly sign on it for Christmas. :)

ely

see, i knew i was purposely being left out of the secret club here, i just knew i was.

Jeff

WDH

Tom,

Is that a wild azealea flowering behind you in the nice pic of the cant hook?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

Sure is.  8)

I've got 2 bunches along the ditch in the front yard and several 1/4 acre plots of them in the swamp out back.  ;D   I love'em.

WDH

I agree.  Don't want to hijack the thread, but you and the azealea's looked so good that I just had to comment.  Go Dawgs.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

Woohoo!    Woohoo!    woohoo!     woohoo! 8)

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!