iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new member just saying Hallo

Started by Simonian, December 10, 2006, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonian

Hallo
Just a quick introduction
Was searching the web and found this great site.  It is a very good place to get good advice.  I have read several posting and have gotten some new ideas on saw Mods

I have been using chainsaws since 1971. The only reason I started using a chain saw was to keep warm. As wood was the only thing I could afford to keep warm with, if I could cut it my self. Today I can afford other sources of heat but I am very found of wood and it is still my only source of heat for the winter.
This road lead me down the path of saw maintenance and repair for self preservation.
I also like upgrading,  maintaining  repairing and driving the several cars that I own. The oldest was made in 1958 and is the main car that I use around town on a daily basis and the newest was made in 1988. This one is my long trip car.
I would like to encourage anyone that has reservations   on repairing their own saw, to make the attempt. Really it is  not that hard. I know this site will give good advise. Just make sure you use good quality tools.
Something that is not made in China.

sawguy21

8) Welcome to FF. A lot goes on here, always informative and sometimes downright entertaining. :D I came here because of my interest in logging and chainsaws. Pull a stump up to the fire and enjoy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Simonian

Kevin

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Simonian, you can get a separate modified muffler and keep your stock one if you want to go that route and have both.

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum Simonian.Stick around,maybe you can give some advice on working on chainsaws.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Simonian

I have had 2 saws that did not need to have a mod muffler
one was a mac 10 10 the other was a Mac 65 both cut strong and Loud
That 65 was a sight at night. Blue flame about 4 inches long past the exhaust port extension
I wish I had some pictures of that.

Thank You Sponsors!