iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home made Peavey and Cant Hook

Started by alsayyed, December 09, 2006, 12:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Thanks for the pics, and glad you are enjoying the new hook.

But did ya then have to paint everything else blue to match the hook?   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Phorester

By golly... there be LOGS in Qatar!

Furby

Tom

I'm reminded of a cartoon I saw one time.  The picture was of a desert with sand dunes.  Way out on the horizon was a single palm tree.  It had "comma" looking marks on either side of it, as if it were being shaken.

On the dunes, leading from the foreground to the tree in the distant background were bulldozer tracks.  They were broken as the dozer went up the face of the dunes and down the backsides at a different angle.  The bulldozer was ramming the only tree in the landscape.  they were just little specks on the horizon.

I'm sure the artist must have had a message he was trying to get across to the reader, but, I thought it a mighty funny scene.  :D

alsayyed

this is true not many logs in Qatar. only you might find in farms, or old houses becuase we get very few rain during the winter season especially in December for almost 3 to 4 days and then stops. i wish if can find logs that easy.

Phorester

Yep, TOM, saw that cartoon. I thought it was funny and unfortunately appropriate too.

Reminds me of the old joke about the feller that applied for a job as a logger.  The foreman asked about his experience.  The guy said, I helped log the Sahara Forest.  Foreman, you mean the Sahara Desert?.  The guy said, that's what they call it now........

Thank You Sponsors!