Sponsors:

Log Dogs / Man's best friend.

Started by ARKANSAWYER, January 30, 2003, 05:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Mark M

Hey Ron - next time you should save up your money and buy a dog with a body :D

ARKANSAWYER

I don't know Mark, with a head like that it would be quite an ugly body. ;D  But since he does not have any logs he might just be very unhappy.  I get pretty unhappy when I do not have any logs.
  But after a long day of sawing it is not hard to fall asleep.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

R ya sure thats a nap? Might be heat stroke. He's casting a mighty short shadow. How come he aint under the porch in the middle of the day? Its the end of the day at noon? ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Jeff,
Most southern dogs have to take two or three naps before they reach the porch.  We do too.

I like to take at least a half hour break to get ready for dinner :)

ARKANSAWYER

My log dawgs hang close to the mill when I am sawing. Alot of times there is one under the mill while I am sawing.   Us Southerners can take a bit of heat to warm our bones.  Runt is a small hound and never really cast a long shadow.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

DanG

Just thought I'd re-open this old thread to show y'all a pic of my Log Dog, Pluto.

He looks pretty comfy on that pile of slabs, don't he? :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

The Arkansawyer brought his log dog up for a visit a few days ago.  I wasn't sure what to expect when his dog met our sawmill cat-----they are about the same size :o   Turned out they ignored each other :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

Guarding the Stump.

~Ron

ARKANSAWYER

What Bro. Noble is not telling is his cat is of good size and sharp!   Seeing hows my dog was out of state and getting some good logs there was no cause to start a ruckus. :D
  I have been on the road sawing every day this week and each evening when I started down the drive my hounds were there to meet me with tails a wagging.  Nice to come home when you are wanted.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Kevin

QuoteGuarding the Stump

Which one is the stump?  :D

Ron Scott

Kevin,

The stump is left of the bulldog.  ;)

~Ron

Tom

Kevin

That's one cute stump.   :D

ARKANSAWYER

Had to get a new log dawg as Runt was stolen and have been unable to locate him.  This hound is so new he don't got no name.

ARKANSAWYER

sprucebunny

Sorry to hear about your dog , ARKY.  :( Looked like you two were good pals....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

LBJ is missing?  Arky, I hope she comes home.

RMay

Arky Runt didn't get the wrong blue truck and hide in the back seat to get to go  :-\ Thats a good looking hound is it one of Runts off spring
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Murf

Arky, my main pooch, Deputy Dog, thinks your new pup looks like a "Stumpy" to him with those fat little front legs of his.

Now while Deputy Dog is huntin' addict and likes nuthin' better than climbin' through a log pile looking for rodents's of any description, the little feller won't stand still long enough to get a picture of him. When he does come to a stop it's with his back-side well in the air and his head stuck in a crevice, not exactly his best side, if ya' know what I mean.  :)

Although, when he's performing he knows he has to come to a stop on the teeter-tooter while it flips over. Then if you're quick you can catch a picture of him before he's off again. I guess it qualifies as a plank of sorts.

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Jeff

Murph, you linked to the thunbnail of your picture not the picture.  Here is what you wanted...

Norm

Sorry to hear about Runt Arky, your new pup looks just like my late beagle KB (killer beagle). He liked to hunt rabbits so much he wore a sore on the tip of his nose. When on a hot scent he noticed nothing else, trailed one across the highway and got hit.

Fla._Deadheader

Sorry about Runt, Arky. I can send ya one of the CR log dogs, when I move down there.

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Murf

Thanks Boss, even with one hand all bandaged up ya' got me figgered out.  :D

Deputy Dog is small, so I  didn't realize it was just the thumbnail, at least that's my story an' I'm a' stickin' to it !!

FDH, them's some ugly lookin' dogs, looks like mebbe the skidder got em' already.  ;)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Fla._Deadheader

Mebbe so Murf, but, I'd betcha no one will mess with yer log stash.  ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ARKANSAWYER

LBJ is just fine, it was her brother Runt who was stolen.  Runt never liked to ride and when we went hunting off of the farm you had to keep a hold of him.  He would bail out of an open window at 60 mph and never bat an eye.  You would have thought that after the first time or two he would have learned, But nope! he just did not like riding.
   LBJ on the other hand will ride any time the truck starts and is a good traveler.  The new pup is now called "Woody" and is a blue blooded papered beagle.  He will lay under the mill while sawing and chew on pieces of wood and  bark.  The problem is he goes out and gets them and drags them under the mill to chew on them.  Needs to do it the other way around.  By next fall he should be a terror on bunnies and tree rats.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!