iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Dogs / Man's best friend.

Started by ARKANSAWYER, January 30, 2003, 05:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

No name yet. I'm calling him Fred, until something better comes along.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Just saw a red heeler today I always liked the looks of those dogs.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tule peak timber

Guys in light of all the displaced animals in the Houston area I would urge anyone interested in a dog to adopt. My niece has 7 dogs and they are forced out of their house leaving their beloved animals literally out in the cold.One is a beautiful German Shepard that is well trained. All of the kids here at Tule Peak Timber are adopted and are absolutely wonderful. A lot of dogs need help.  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: Dave Shepard on September 06, 2017, 06:53:18 PM
No name yet. I'm calling him Fred, until something better comes along.  :D

Fred sounds like a good name for him.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dave Shepard

Owen last fall after going three rounds with a Croc, and losing.  :D

More recently petitioning to go for a walk.

</br>
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Klicker

If I go she goes.
2006 LT 40 HD

Klicker

I don, know how I did the double photo and don't know how to fix it. Rod
2006 LT 40 HD

Jeff

Got it.  Cool pIc!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

That is a very remarkable picture and tells much more than a story.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

whatwas

Grew up on a dairy farm and always had a dog, usually mutts but always a good friend. Farm is long gone now, part subdivision, part golf course but still always have had a dog. 
<if I had told my grandpa " I think a poodle would make a great dog" I can just imagine hearing him snort :D, but Reuben is a good buddy.
life is good

WV Sawmiller

My normal knock around buddy is Sampson my 13 lb Rat Terrier. He loves to ride on the 4 wheeler with me, ride in the truck with me, goes to the flea market to socialize with his other doggie buddies there and he loves to ride in the boat. He loves to bark at a catfish but not bass or bream or other fish. He has treed a few squirrels and helped me track down bow shot deer and such. He is real shy around others and only my wife and I can pet him - well except for my 2 y/o grandson who he loves to lick and get hugs and such - I guess Sampson is not intimidated by Quinn's small size.  He is not a brave dog which may be a good survival trait. He loves to climb on the logs and big rocks around the mill and to leave his footprints on my lumber.

I have to give honorable mention to Matoaka my son's 18 y/o Australian shepherd. He can't see, can't hear, I don't know if he can even smell but he loves to go out to the pasture with me and chase the 4 wheeler.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

gump

My "woods" buddy! Rasta our standard poodle who just gets very excited when she hears "Rasta want to go to the camp!"

Kwill

Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Roxie

They're all so beautiful.  smiley_heart
Say when

goose63

Hershey my every thing buddy

Mandy the 135 lb gaurd dog when shes not sleeping

Annie fat lazy and spoiled we lost last August from canser

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

red

The original Log Dogs
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

blackfoot griz

thecfarm

This is Pumpkin,the wife's dog.We call her Pumpkin because we got her in the fall. She is just about worthless. Will not come to us,when we call her. She is not much of a watch dog. Not much of a log dog. If she does fellow me into the woods,she does not stay long. The only thing she is really good for,is she goes out with me to check the OWB. She don't miss many of them times.  ;D First thing in the morning she is ready to go. She is outside now,with a jacket and a pillow at 10°. She will chase squirrels and if she happens to be by the stone wall she will sniff out a wood chuck. I have noticed she has slowed down alot last year, She would fellow me into the fields and hang around the old farm house and wait for me to go back to the house.

She's a tomboy. She will lift a rear legs when shes goes. And she has to go where another dog went.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

The Chubster doing what she loves best, Riding!

<br
>

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WDH

My beagle Sadie helping me grade lumber :).

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

She is trying to tell you that those boards are Sycamore, not Puckernut.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rjwoelk

Toby blue heeler border collie Australian Shepard. 

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

WDH

Quote from: Magicman on January 15, 2019, 04:12:23 PM
She is trying to tell you that those boards are Sycamore, not Puckernut.  ;D
Not puckernut hickory?  The  smiley_devil?  Nope, she was right.  Just plain old sycamore. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Bruno of NH

Smiley
Taking a nap after a long day chasing rabbits 

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!