iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody got their fall/winter 2006 Wood-Mizer Way?

Started by Bibbyman, November 27, 2006, 11:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I've hear that the Wood-Mizer Way went to the post office last week.  Anyone got theirs yet?

I went out to the WM web site and they've already got it up in PDF.  8)

Wood-Mizer Way Fall/Winter 2006

Lots of exciting stuff in this issue.  Some I know about like Wood-Mizer is now handling the LogRite "Arky" speical 78" cant hook as well their 54" log carrier.  All kinds of new info.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

TexasTimbers

Have not gotten mine yet. Will be my 3rd or 4th issue can't wait to get 'em.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Kevin_H.

Just looked at the online ver. some way cool stuff in there...

Hey bib, did ya sign up for the mo. show yet?   ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Kevin_H. on November 27, 2006, 12:28:21 PM

Not yet but we won't miss it.  Maybe Mary and I can get a job on the road crew and attend them all.

The grand prize this year will be an LT40HDG28!
Sawing since '94

Engineer

Nice to see your names on the million board foot club list.    8)

pigman

I have not received mine yet and I am usually one of the first ones to receive the magazine. Of course it might be at the local post office. I just received last Friday's daily newspaper in the mail today. ::)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

Well, I turned on the back porch light and it was electricity from before Thanksgiving.  We were out of town.  I guess I need to flush the lines again.  :-\

Bibbyman

Quote from: Engineer on November 27, 2006, 10:42:11 PM
Nice to see your names on the million board foot club list.    8)

Thanks. 

We likely pasted the million board foot mark a number of years ago.  We just got around to applying last winter.  We got our award in the spring but missed the last issue of Wood-Mizer Way.

Here is Archey Shearer of Wood-Mizer Indy handing Mary the plaque, Will Baugh to right - Branch Manager Mt. Vernon office, Nick Burdine of Wood-Mizer Indy to left and Joe Alexander Wood-Mizer Mt. Vernon Re-sharp Manager stands behind Mary and Archey... Picture taken at the Wood-Mizer open house in Mt. Vernon, MO.

Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Quote from: Kevin_H. on November 27, 2006, 12:28:21 PM

I don't know if we've got signed up for the event in Mt. Vernon, MO. but I came back into the house awhile ago and Mary was on the phone making motel reservations.  I couldn't figure it out.  After she got done I asked her.  She was getting a room reserved in Mt. Vernon for the show dates.  So  I guess she'd planning on us going... ;)
Sawing since '94

DR Buck

Well if it was mailed I should receive mine sometime in March.   Seem like everyone else gets theirs and has already read and passed on the copies before mine arrives.     :(

I didn't think I was that far out in the boonies?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

pigman

My copy showed up by Pony Express this afternoon. 8)  Can't decide which anniversary tour  show to attend, the one in New Brunswick or the one in British Columbia. ;D

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Chris Burchfield

Mine came in the mail today in Memphis. The Bridgeton Bridge look good. Grads. Mrs. Mary & Bibbyman.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Don K

Got mine Monday. Gonna send in my reg. for the GA show in a coupla weeks. Wanted to go to MS. because it's closer but I'll be in Dallas that weekend. Wouldn't it be nice to get a mag. every coupla months?
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

DR Buck

Not surprised,  still no sign of my copy here in VA.    :(

Engineer

Me either, as of today.  But I already read it online, so it'll go in the "already seen it" pile.

bull

got mine on Monday..... gonnna make for some good readin.

Stump Jumper

still looking for mine, i dont think its ever taken this long  :'(
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Jeff

I aint got one yet either Jeff, maybe its the Jeff's slowing things down. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

LOGDOG

I got my last night. I'm anxious to hear more about the waste fired boiler system they're working on. Pricing specifically. Anyone have any scoop?

LOGDOG

Kevin_H.

I am looking at my sawdust pile in a whole different light  :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

WH_Conley

I am looking at sawdust and thinking about the boiler. Wonder if they have any way hooking up a generator to it? 8)
Bill

pineywoods

You'd probably need a steam engine or a sterling cycle engine to drive a generator. The list the firebox temp as 1500 deg F, thats plenty hot to make steam. Would make an interesting project.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Bibbyman

Mary's happy  8)  Our WM-Way came today. 

I done read most of it on line but Mary want's to wait for the REAL thing...
Sawing since '94

RMay

I got mine to day, looks like WM is having its 25th anniversary .
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

Quote from: RMay on December 08, 2006, 08:22:38 PM
I got mine to day, looks like WM is having its 25th anniversary .

Mary set down with the WM Way and read it cover to cover in one setting.  Then I noticed her grabbing a pen and starting to fill out something.  I figured it was to regester for the anniversery event in Mt. Vernon.  So I asked her, "You do know you can do that on-line don't you?"  "No.  Did you already regester?" was her replay.

So I guess she'd pretty much decided we're going - as she made the motel reservations a couple of weeks ago.
Sawing since '94

Stump Jumper

8) received my way yesterday interesting idea on the sawdust burner I want to learn more about that.

seen the story on the French Man with a pic of his LT 70 and looks like the 42 hp Kubota identical to mine except it is running a straight pipe smiley_big-grin2 I see a straight pipe in the near future
Jeff
May God Bless.

DR Buck

Mine arrived on the 9th.   I'm planning on attending at least 2 of the anniversary tour stops.  The one in PA  and the final in Indy.   It gives me the excuse to finally go out and visit the factory.

Anyone else attending PA ?   I am also thinking about the one in NC if I have nothing better to do that weekend.

Still waiting for WM response to an email I sent asking about "spouse" activities to decide if the wife will  come along with to PA.   She is going to Indy with me though.  Guess she might be afraid of what I might decide I need to bring home from there.  ;D

Bibbyman

Quote from: DR_Buck on December 15, 2006, 09:32:05 AM

Still waiting for WM response to an email I sent asking about "spouse" activities to decide if the wife will  come along with to PA.   She is going to Indy with me though.  Guess she might be afraid of what I might decide I need to bring home from there.  ;D

The party in 2002 was setup like a big family carnival event with things going on for everyone.  I don't think there would be a need for a special spouse activity program as there will be plenty for everyone to enjoy. 

8)
Sawing since '94

DR Buck

QuoteI don't think there would be a need for a special spouse activity program as there will be plenty for everyone to enjoy. 

Bibby,

I was just trying to find out if I need to 'register' and pay for her.   WM stated that attendance is limited.  I'd hate to pay for a spot for her  and have a sawyer not be able to attend .  I know she isn't planning to attend the how to type sessions.   She's just coming along for the ride.   :D

Thank You Sponsors!