iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Went Orange

Started by SteveS, January 28, 2003, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

Well I got my first mill this weekend. ;D ;D I went with the LT15. I have to say it was a chore getting that thing out of the back of my truck. I shore could have used a forklift or front-end loader. I think I will be happy with this mill. I am looking forward to cutting some lumber with it. 8) 8)

Tom

Congratulations, Steve.  I think you will be happy with it too. Now the fun starts. ;D

Kevin

Watch out for the dogs!
It's a fine cutting mill, congratulations .
You'll have a ton of fun with it.

I hope you got the ski package!  :D

Bibbyman

They are not so bad to load and unload into a PU once they are assembled. Wad'd you do,  back up to a bank and drag it out? ::)

Congrats... The LT15 is a fine mill.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

flhtc

Congrats on your new mill.  I wished now I would have went orange with all the problems I have had so far.  I new better but did not listen to myself.
FLHTC

bull

8) Congrats/ great pick now get crankin....... start with a few smaller logs... the monsters are tough on the shoulder until you get used to the machine......   make a couple of 10x10s
 out of the first two logs. they make a better log deck than the two sticks w/ spring stops if you are going to do alot of cutting
I start w/ the LT 15  now I ahve the LT40suhd w/accusett..
Keep going w/ the orange fever, Kubota tractor w/ quick attach forks and bucket would be the next orange choice.... I started w/ 1 L 2550 30 HP Kubota and now have an L 4610 50 HP Kubota  great color on them. can move 20' red oak log w/ 20 inch tip..... Balance is the key  once again good luck and get crankin

RMay

Steve Woodmizer is the way to go have fun 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

SawInIt CA

Congrats on your new mill. Those LT15's are great little mills.

SteveS

Bibbyman,
 I ended up takin the motor and battery off, then me and a buddy sort of walked it down some timbers leaning on the tailgate. It would have been easier if I could have drug the pallet out of the back of my truck but I couldnt find a good spot to back up to.

Ohio_Bill

Steve

I bought a Lt 15 in 1998  had no Y2k problems. :D
It is a great mill have cut over 100000bf with it  .  Sold it in 2001 and got a LT40 , but I still tell everyone I could cut better lumber on the Lt15

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Thank You Sponsors!