iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pole . North and South

Started by isawlogs, November 15, 2006, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Its that time of the year again , preparing the trip to the Poles . Small tangent this year,  one is going to the south , the other to the north , no meeting on the ice this winter  :D.
I also had to come up with a devise , needed to fit snow shoe bindings to cross country skis .  smiley_headscratch
  For those of you that have no clue ... here is a pic of a snow shoe binding

Had to come up with a way of getting this to work on a pair of skis ::) :P :P :P

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kevin

Ed_K

If the ski's aren't expensive, put a screw up thru the ski and bolt the binding to it  :o .
Ed K

isawlogs

Changing of boots is not an option available ...

Cant screw them to the ski ... need to be able to pivot ... ( skis are not cheap skis ... )
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

What I would do is go find an old barn door and...........

isawlogs

Marcel

pigman

I think some -80 degree F duct tape would do fine. I am sure Red Green has some to spare.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

logwalker

Give me a little info on how and why you need this. I owned a ski shop for 15 years on Mt.Hood Or. and did both downhill and cross country in addition to snowshoes and snow boards. Maybe I can help. LW
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

SwampDonkey

I'm with pigman on the duct tape. Bring lots of spare tape.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Shouldn't you be packing stuff instead of goofing off. ;D

Patty

See Marcel, all you have to do is ask.....we folks here on the forum are just full of it.     Full of helpful hints I mean!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

I tried to convince Marcel a couple years ago that ya gotta go east to hit the north pole.  ::) ;D

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 01, 2004, 04:19:11 AM
isawlogs:

Tell your friend to come down here where its warmer. We have our own North Pole in Central New Brunswick. North Pole Mountain and a mountain named for each of the Reindeer and St. Nic. himself. Be nice for someone to hike up North Pole mountain and erect a flag staff.  :D

A photo in October of the North Pole Stream. Hardwood Ridge is in the background, yep that's its name. Most of the leaves have fallen by now, so not much color up there. ;)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

Marcel, make up a plate, the same size and shape as the sole of the ski boot, then just fasten the snowshoe mount to that!

The adaptor plate below uses the standard ski boot mount, and your big warm boot goes into the snowshoe mount on top!!

8)

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Kevin

This is my idea of cross country skis ...

Tom

Is that what that guy went across Lake Ontario on?   Man!   He must be nuts!! :D

Kevin

Are you sure that wasn't a sea-doo?  :D

limbrat

You boys are nutty. That cross country skiing will get you road rash quick. You gotta ski behind the boat not the pickup.
ben

Don_Papenburg

You see up north of the Mason Dixon the water gets so hard after turkey day or there abouts that a boat propeller will not move the boat . SO.... you want to ski you just gotta use the pickup.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

isawlogs

What would a guy do with out friends ,  ::)
this is what I came up with , its only a prototype that will be tested out at Silverstar in the next few weeks , it will be screwed on to the cross country skis . If it does work out we will look into getting some made up for real outa something better then a barn door hinge .  :D

Marcel

Tom

I can't imagine anyhing that would be better than a barndoor hinge.  8)

isawlogs

We aint to concerned about the South Pole trip .. thats fairly short in distance ,, only a week or so of skiing or snowshoeing .. its the North Pole trip that can be of concern .. thats more like a 750 Kilometer trip .. there could be an issue with the pivot point . But I aint no ski expert ... My knowledge of skiing is down to one day of down hill that got me into a hospital for a couple of weeks with a leg tied up to some weights having broken my ankle and lower leg in three places ...  >:(  Aint been on a pair of skies since .. My belief now is that any board under my feet , better have screws or nails into them attaching them to a joist or subfloor .

Marcel

DanG

Not bad thinkin', for a guy who is considering driving a bulldozer across the ocean. 8) 8) 8) ::) ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

My thought is what piece of equipment do they hope/plan to use the most?
I would make that boot fit the other piece of equipment for the most comfort.
It would seem to me to be easier to make the ski boot fit the snow shoe, as the skis require a very specific movement.

isawlogs

Ocean  sail_smiley.. its only going over a small bit of the water ice  ;D  Only 50 miles or so .

Marcel

isawlogs

Well a ski boot is about as uncomfortable as you can get ... try walking in a pair of those for a week ...  :o   Where as the boot you would where in a snowshoe can be warm and comfortable , reason why we are fitting the boot to the ski .  ;) And the temperature in this case is about as cold as it will ever get anywhere , so warm is very nice to have .

Both peices of equipment have very specific movement .. both have a pivot point ...

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!