iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

swinging-sawdust welcome to the forum now where's the pictures.

Started by Part_Timer, November 12, 2006, 09:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

Hay Joe

Glad you made it.  How's the milling going?  Have you had that ATS spread all the way out yet?   

I guess what I'm saying is

WHERE ARE THE PICS.  ;D ;D ;D

Welcome to the forum.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

swinging-sawdust

Thanks Tom. The mill is doing great I haven't had to adjust anything since you dialed it in just tightend the belts and changed the oil and knock the clutch loose[which was as easy as you said it would be]and kept the blade buried in wood.The longest I have cut so far is 16 feet but the mill has been about any place my fourwheeler can get to. As far as the pictures go that might be a while. It took me this long to find my old email and clean off all the old junk mail to get signed on and still have to get a camera that I can hook into the computer and figuring that out and geting them posted might take a while.

JimBuis

Swinging-sawdust,
Welcome to the forum!!  If it does not already, it will soon feel like home to you especially since you are apparently a new proud owner of a Peterson swinger, one of our proud sponsors. 8) 8)  We will be anxiously awaiting the pictures.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

thecfarm

Congrates on the swingmill.Can't remember if I gave you a welcome to the forum or not before,but welcome anyways.Those swingmills are really something else.First time I saw one I couldn't really understand how it cut lumber.After I saw it cut I was quite impressed.Need any help with pictures let us know.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Part_Timer

I'm glad all is working well for you.  I need to unstick mine I had to hit the e-stop the other day.  I was cutting off the back side of a log and it fell on the blade.  What a racket it made.   Scared the snot out of me.

I'm going into town on Saturday and do a bit of salvage work.  We are going to be cutting red oak blow down's in the 4H park.  Some of it is good some is not we'll just have to see what happens. It will be fun none the less. I'll get a few pics of the adventure.

Hay be carefull letting on that I might actually know what I'm doing adjusting a swinger, someone new to the forum might actually believe you. ;)

Have a good one and Katie says to give Otto an extra bisquet.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.

swinging-sawdust

THANKS for the warm welcome.                                                                                                                           Jim,it does feel like home because I have been reading and learning from all of you for quite some time.I figured I better jump in with my questions [esspecialy after threts of shipping crates being dumped in my yard]  and as soon as I get it worked out pictures.                                                                                                                             thecfarm,even after running  a peterson I can't figure out how it can cut so accurate with moving tracks.I have been very impressed with the saw and the help I have gotten from the company.                                                                                                                           Part-timer,good luck with those redoaks.If it is the fair grounds in hartfordcity UncleCharlie just lives a block away if you need any help.The offer still stands if you want to come down for deer season although opening weekend Iwill be in south dakota pheasent hunting.Tell Katie otto thinks he is a little too good for dog bisquets since he ate at your house but other than that thanks again for everything. 

Part_Timer

Can't make deer season this year but how about spring turkey???

You get your camera and we'll help with getting the pics on here.
Peterson 8" ATS.

Thank You Sponsors!