iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what followed me home from GA.....

Started by Warren, November 11, 2006, 06:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Spent the last several days on the road.  Finally settled on a mill to start up with full time.  This one followed me home from the vicinity of Rentz, GA.  On Monday the fun...learning...work will begin....

I would like to thank everyone who took time over the past month or so to answer questions and provide feedback on the different posts I've made.  Particularly, I would like to thank BBTom, Cedarman, Pigman, WH Conley and Custom Sawyer for taking time out of your schedules to spend 1 on 1 time with me to answer questions and show me your operations.  This was very beneficial to help me understand things I need to consider when setting up my shop.

Again,  Thanks to everyone for your continued support...

Warren

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Bibbyman

Congratulations!  Looks like you got all the toys now!   ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

Looks good.Help me out.What size is it?hyd?Motor size?It's a beauty.  8)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jpgreen

Ooooooooooh...Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...  ;D

Better change that sig line Mister..  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

DanG

Hmmm.  I only know of one Woodmizer Super Hydraulic mill for sale in the entire Rentz Metropolitan area. ::)  I guess it ain't for sale any more.

Congratulations Warren!  You've bought a fine, well maintained woodcuttin' machine there! 8) 8) 8)

Er, why ya waitin' til Monday? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Warren,
Now you can really put that knuckle boom to work!

Phil L.                        (I have already had a call from somebody
                                  missing that mill.)
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

BBTom

Congats, Warren!   Glad you found what you wanted.  Since you did all this traveling and brain picking with all these sawyers, when you get all set up, I will stop by and learn the right way to set up a mill.   ;D 

Good luck, my friend.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

customsawyer

What is all that Orange stuff on that machine.  :D
It didn't look that pretty when she left here but looks like she went and got a make over, or one of those glamor shots.
I will have to tell you floks on here that was one of the hardest thing I have done, setting back and letting someone else run there hands over my baby girl like that but I think she will be in good hands and well taken care of and if she teaches Warren half as much as she taught me, I'll just say let the school doors open.
Best of luck to you Warren and best wishes.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Warren

JP - Updated.

Thecfarm - This is Custom Sawyer's "old" LT40 Super with a 42 horse kubota diesel.

DanG - I am by no means a saint.  But I try not to work on Sunday if I don't have to.  Having a little more control over when I do and don't work was one reason for leaving the previous job to start sawing. 

Phil_L - The knuckle boom will probably be used less with the LT40 Super.  Previously, it did double duty as the hydraulic log loader and turner on the LT15. Now it will just be the log fetcher / delivery truck.

BBTom - I am still learning and absorbing...  The one "ah Ha" I picked up with Custom Sawyer on Friday was to have short sections of roll case (2-3 ft) spread out so you can walk in between sections instead of around.  He also has 6 inch wide flat stock welded across the front of his rollers that is beveled down about 30 to 40 degrees.  This "lifts" the front edge of a board onto the rollers if it comes at rolloers a little low.

Another reason to wait until Monday is to let the mill "acclimate" to Kentucky weather after 4 years in central Georgia.  It was t-shirt weather in Georgia on Friday afternoon. Saturday night after I got home, there were snow flurries about 50 miles north of us.  If I don't take good care of this mill, there will be a big white Dodge with a cowboy hat pulling the mill back to Georgia....   :D
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Cedarman

Good luck with your new mill.  Glad you found it worthwhile to stop by.  The orange glow of my mill isn't as bright as it used to be, but it still puts out a lot of wisdom when people stop by.  People can see the wood that comes off the mill and that speaks a lot.  I wonder if my mill feels bad that I never named it?  Warren, are you naming yours?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

customsawyer

Cedarman her name is Miss Ann but I don't think I passed that on to Warren
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodbowl

Quote from: customsawyer on November 12, 2006, 09:18:28 AM
What is all that Orange stuff on that machine.  :D
It didn't look that pretty when she left here but looks like she went and got a make over, or one of those glamor shots.

customsawyer ......... that ain't yer mill, ..... that can't be yer mill. I took a few shots of it when I was over and it didn't look nuthin' like that.  ::)  ::)

If I has known it was going to clean up dat purdy, I may would have bought it myself.

Yall be the judge, here's the "before" shots.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

jpgreen

That's what happened to mine when I washed it...  :D

customsawyer

www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodbowl

Yea it is, ...... see .....  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Now if you want to really see something purdy, take a look at my mill.  :)

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Tom

jpgreen

A sawmill only it's father could love... :'(   :D

Greg Cook

Fine lookin' saw, Warren. Those hills up there in KY will provide plenty for her to eat through. What's the LT15 gonna be doing now ::) (was that a subtle hint, or what?)
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

woodbowl

Quote from: jpgreen on November 13, 2006, 11:02:06 PM
A sawmill only it's father could love... :'(   :D

It's been making the total income for my family of eight for 12 years now. It aught to show it's wear and tear. I'm the one that feels like a truck ran over me. Ain't gona show you my pic.  ::)

Tom

That's kinda what my woodmizer looked like when I retired it the first time.  That was in 99.   Then I retired it again in 2001 and again in 2002 and finally had to move it off site.  It kept wanting to work. :D

Warren

Custom Sawyer - The name may change slightly to Miss Annie in honor of my paternal grandma. She was a hard worker.  Raised and fed 10 kids into adulthood during the Depression while my grandpa worked 6 or 7 days a week. Also, her daddy was a well known carpenter / woodworker on the river boats in the late 1800's.

Greg - The LT15 is going to have to go.  Kinda like CS, I hate to sell it.  I thought about putting a small belted conveyor on it for a resaw.  But I've had to move it twice in the past week.  I'm afraid I will break/bend something if I am not carefull.  I have had a couple people express interest.  I'll send you a PM if the other folks pass.

Warren

Thank You Sponsors!