iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blue OX Log Mover

Started by Mark M, January 23, 2003, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

Does anyone have any experience with the Blue Ox hauler? I need something to move logs around. Thanks in advance.

Mark

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/View_Catalog_Page.asp?ID=1493

DanG

Looks like a handy tool for messing with small stuff. 600 pounds ain't much of a log, though. I wouldn't mind having one, but I wouldn't pay much for it.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Noble_Ma

Go to http://www.futureforestry.com/  

They have same equipment but larger ones too.  I think it's worth you checking it out.

whitepe

Mark,

I saw a brochure for this product at the Woodworker's
show in Collinsville, Illinois  on Feb. 9th.

http://www.baker-online.com/DOCUMENTS/log_skidder.html

At $888 the price seems right. I'm thinking about getting
one and picking it up when I go visit Noble this spring.

Whitepe

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Rick Schmalzried

Perry,
It sounds like you are wanting to take that tandem trailer after all.  There is no way you are going to be able to get my planks, your lumber, and that skidder all in one load otherwise.

Oh wait, now I see, you are going to make me go after my own materials.  :D  :D  It's just too bad that I would have to drive past the Grizzly outlet in Springfield on the way back.  8)  8)

--Rick
_         
|_| .  _ |
| \ | |_ |<

Frank_Pender

Noble, I would suggest very strongly that you take a look at the furtureforestry site.  Mark, the inventor, is a friend of mine and he has a fine product.  I have seen hom hooked to and pulling those big logs with his Volvo.  Those tools are great.  If I did not already have more tha enough equipment to handle logs around here I would surely purchase the larger of the designs.
Frank Pender

Noble_Ma

Frank,

You mean Mark?  I suggested the same place to him ;D  I thought they had the best product for that type of equipment.  I just live on the wrong coast to buy one.  Lots of money to ship it out here. :-/

Frank_Pender

Noble_Ma.  ,   Mark travels into your part of the world often, perhaps he could just bring an extra along for demo purposes.  I do know that he has left some of the demos at the show sites, on oooocccccassion.  It might be well worth the asking when he is to be in the East again. ???  I will see him in a few days at the Oregon Logging Conference and I try to get him post his travel schedule for the next few months.
Frank Pender

Jeff

Frank you might also mention that his company would be a very good fit as a sponsor for this part of the forum.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Noble_Ma

Yes, I know Frank.  I saw them this past spring in Springfield, Mass.  But I was saving my money to buy a mill.  He was offering good prices.  That's how I know they are built well, I saw them first hand.  Hopefully, he'll be in Maine this year.  I should call him.  Put in a good word for me ;D

Frank_Pender

Jeff and Noble_ma.  I have done both.  Next time I see him I will mention the facts again. ;D
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!